stupid (1 Viewer)

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i just recived my results back for physics, chemistry, biology. i did better in bio than chem n phys (which is amazing) but i stuffed up my exam in phy and chem because of stupid mistakes. i do look over the exam at the end but it seems 2 be almost meaninless. i have always have a habit of making stupid mistakes and it is he difference between 1st and 10th... it always seems 2 happen in exams, can i get ne1 opinion on how 2 fix my lil prob or am i f**kd

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
If you are prone to stupid mistakes, the best way is to check and double check your answers.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
the 2u maths exam is about not making silly mistakes so make sure i fix it before the hsc. Do a lot of practice ( i have the same habit) and concentrate when you make the calculations

HSC
N/A
yeah stupid mistakes are annoying in exams cause afterwards u tend to go DAMN I could have got xx extra marks if I didn't make this stupid mistake and my mark could have been XX%......

if ur making stupid mistakes cause ur reading the question wrong then try underlining key aspect of the question that way u won't misread things or overlook certain words....cause sometimes when u rush in exams u tend to skim the question instead of actually reading it, and as a result misinterpret it....

and if u have time at the end check over ur work....especially multiple choice questions! Oh but don't u hate it when u change a MC answer then find out u were right initially!! uarrhh!!

santaslayer

HSC
Keep doing practice questions because they can ask a 'broad' range of questions but it is always defined and restricted by the syllabus outcomes. If you practice more and more questions, you will become more used to the spectrum that may be asked, thus, decreasing the liklihood of making mistakes. :)

rumour

HSC
Relax when you do a test!!!!!!!
because when i do a test, i stress out and only read the last line of every test. So i always have stupid mistakes!!!!!!

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
yer sometimes i dont read the question properly but it just doin dumb things like in my phy test i wrote electromagnetic waves need a medium 2 travel through, i left out 1 word... now that is stupid. i think it also comes down 2 confidence but i dunno how i can improve it...

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
hehe i don't do any science subjects =P but i agree with most of what the other people have said, read the question properlyyyy. i always make stupid mistakes in maths >.<

i usually highlight [with a bright fluro highlighter] the mAIN ideas from the question. it helps heaps ;)

i usually get bored towards the end of a maths exam and want to rush it, to get it over n done with. and i end up losing all these marks cause of restlessness and not enough studying for the harder questions that they leave on the last page o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)