stupid mistake (1 Viewer)

little master

HSC
For module B i accidently analysed 3 speeches instead of 2 that the question asked.
i kno i hv stuffed it up!

i wrote around 8 pages but around 5.5 pages for the first 2 speches
can anyone tell me how badly i have stuffed? Would it seriously affect my mark?

Seoul51

HSC
You screwed up, your life is over, theres no turning back now. Every word you wrote in your essay, god kills a domo-kun. You should have thought about the domo-kun's before you wrote those extra 2.5 pages, shouldn't you?I'm just kidding, you'll be fine. There is no penalty for doing extra, infact HSC Markers are encouraged to give you as much marks as possible, not take marks away. =) My three cents.

Nullz

Nullz
HSC
pfft i wouldnt be worried about that..i would be more worried if i did LESS then what the question asked.

example: ME IN LEAR!

Megan5

HSC
Stress less.. It will be ok. I was thinking the same in the exam. "Only two extracts!!" [I did Wuthering Heights] and i figured, they cannot take marks off you if the work is there, they just won't consider it. Better to have it then not have enough.
I screwed up way worse than that. A simple mistake, I said Heathcliff was the superego instead of the id. Hahahaaa, I'm such an idiot!
Screwed the best reading to use for Heathcliff. Ooohhhh well.
Just relax :)

simply__me

HSC
Yeah I was thinking of doing 3.. but i was advised to only do that if it says we should do AT LEAST 2. Otherwise, you should stick to what the question explicitly asks for. I'm pretty sure they'll ignore your 3rd one..

HSC
Oh crap that isnt good....

"Support your evaluation with a close analysis of TWO poems by Harwood"

I inserted a quote from Father and Child at the start
Then did 4 pages on Prize Giving, intertextualising it with Alter Ego
Then did a page on the Glass Jar
Then another page on the Violets....

so technically i did 5/6 of the poems........will this be ok?

simply__me

HSC
RideTheLightnin said:
Oh crap that isnt good....

"Support your evaluation with a close analysis of TWO poems by Harwood"

I inserted a quote from Father and Child at the start
Then did 4 pages on Prize Giving, intertextualising it with Alter Ego
Then did a page on the Glass Jar
Then another page on the Violets....

so technically i did 5/6 of the poems........will this be ok?
Well it does ask for a 'close analysis of two' poems... so.. if you have sufficient information on two of those.. i guess it would still be okay. I don't think they'll mark you up just for doing more poems though..

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Yeah. If it says "TWO" not "at least TWO" they will only take your two most discussed poems. We had that drilled into our head at school. Unfortunate for you though. Sorry to ask, but how does one intertextualise two poems? Or did you mean synthesise.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Seoul51 said:
You screwed up, your life is over, theres no turning back now. Every word you wrote in your essay, god kills a domo-kun. You should have thought about the domo-kun's before you wrote those extra 2.5 pages, shouldn't you?I'm just kidding, you'll be fine. There is no penalty for doing extra, infact HSC Markers are encouraged to give you as much marks as possible, not take marks away. =) My three cents.
you're not funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)