studying for exam... (1 Viewer)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i know this is a pretty generic question, but i was wondering what advice people would give on studying for a business exam, coz ive got my half yearly in 2 weeks (and, worse luck, it goes for 3 hours)

ive pretty much just been revising notes, using the excel study guide, and doing past exam papers... its just im running out of time and not feeling confident of getting a great mark

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
thanks... i spent half the day today going through old exam papers (got my multiple choice score up from 13 to 19... i hate multiple choice)

i'll try to find the time to summarise during the week (i know, i should have been it throughout the year... i'll try and start THAT next term!)

read the syllabus up to where you learnt up to and study each segment systematically- that way you know you won't miss anything.Read case studies in your hsc text book and you should know at least two businesses very well for the extended response/s- eg. their marketing strategies according to the syllabus

( hsc mark 90)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
thanks guys... i also decided to read peoples thoughts on last years hsc business exam... got very distracted by that whole 'sourie' thing :p :p

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
ergh...Sourie...don't even go there...

yeah, that's wise. Although you'll find that you don't study the same way for your half yearlies than you end up for the HSC. Hopefully the first set of major exams will teach you how you learn best. I used everything from flashcards to posters to things stuck up on the back of the shower door. I think plain summarising worked best, just because it also taught me to say things concisely and clearly, which is what they're really looking for in any answer. Writing your notes out and then getting a friend to read and assess them is good too.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
well i dont do this course but i think studying for this subject is just like studying for any other course.

yeah i think the best way is to make notes and summeries on each topic.. and make sure you always refer back to the syllabus so you dont waste your time learning and memorising stuff that isnt neccessary and ur not missing out on something that you need to know.

yeah flash cards r pretty useful to... stick them in the toilet or the shower or something [as most ppl do i think] or stick it on your wall next to your study table.. it may seem stupid but u do tend to remember more when u see them.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
if i am doing a business report in an exam... is it worthwhile including made up balance sheets or revenue statements or anything like that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)