Study tips for Italian (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
welcome!!

speaking
memorise passages on all the different areas, it's the best way to do it! practice speaking to a tape recorder and play it back to get more fluent and to sound natural.

listening
do the past papers, listen for details and write everything. watch the news or watch dvds with italian speaking and either english or italian subtitles (i did this, it was a fun way of hearing the language!), listen to italian music

reading
just read anything you can, books, magazines, but most importantly do the past papers

writing
do the tasks your teacher sets and give them to her to mark! learn mistakes, learn common and good phrases if you want

it's more of a cumulative thing, rather than what you can do at the last minute.
HTH

have a look at:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=6053
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=29137

Last edited:

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
learn really good sounding phrases off by heart for the writing and just add them in wherever possible and also try and rememer phrases using complex grammar like the subjunctive and stuff like :
se io avessi 18 anni andrei ha una discoteca.
they are really impressed with things like that. or if your talking about family a good one i always use is:
penso che i miei genitori debbano darmi piu liberta.
simple things like that always gets you marks. learn vocabulary specific to the topics like if your studying the environment make sure you know words like inquinamento ect.
in your exam make sure the stucture of the writing is clear and it flows, thats suprisingly important! and also something i always forget, always put accetnt on the appropriate words, not doing that can already llose you a mark or two.
if you want to practice reading get something fun like topolino, my dad always has one lying around, the language is proper italian (not slang like comics here). they will keep you interested for longer!!
anyway the best tip i can give is to impress the markers, if you dont already know some, learn sophisticated language and phrases with reasonably complex grammar structures in parts, not all of it has to be like that, just a bit to impress!!!
hope this was helpfull!! in boca al lupo!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)