Study of Cosi: HSC 2009 (1 Viewer)

gigglinJess

Broken Inside
HSC
I need lots of help with my english lol

Who else has studied Cosi this year?
What do you think of it?
What standout tips do you have on the play, techniques etc?

HSC
what are you guys studing exactly for cosi coz i have no idea what we are supposed to be doing and our teacher has given sheets of information to read abd summarise and told us to read and answer questions on each scene. So i have no idea what else are we suppoesed to be doing......

and i have an assesment due third week back so i kinda need help

gigglinJess

Broken Inside
HSC
Module B: Close Study of Text
This module requires students to engage in detailed analysis of a text. It develops students’ understanding of how the ideas, forms and language of a text interact within the text and may affect those responding to it.

Each elective in this module involves close study of a single text from a list of prescribed texts.

Students engage with the text to respond imaginatively, affectively and critically. They explore and analyse particular characteristics of the text, considering how these shape meaning. They also consider the ways in which these characteristics establish the text’s distinctive qualities. Composition focuses on meaning shaped in and through the text. These compositions may be realised in a variety of forms and media.
Source

I know I'm not the best person when it comes to english, but as I understand it, you need to analyse the text, and be able to thoroughly explain how the techniques the author uses influences the way we interpret the text, ie the way the themes are presented etc.

Hope this helps :)

shayla

HSC
Hi
I have studied Cosi. I didnt find it that difficult. The play is on at the New Theatre in Newtown at the moment. I went the other night with school and it was very good. shuning and star of the sea, how are you both finding the play? Feel free to PM me.

shayla

ghkddnjstkd

HSC
The play is on at the New Theatre in Newtown at the moment.
shayla
because i'm about to watch it tomorrow and i'm quite looking forward after your comment. i hope that it's not just a play, meaning hoping to learn some things from the play which i'll be watching 2moro:)

Thangquangtu

QUANG(*)
HSC
Hello, I'm also studying this text at school aswell and its pretty interesting. The themes we talked about in class are mental illness, love and fidelity and sanity vs insanity.

Anyone else have anyything different?

vinip

HSC
Anyone know what type of questions can be asked for the topic. Also doing Cosi

Chimene Daher

HSC
Hello, I'm also studying this text at school aswell and its pretty interesting. The themes we talked about in class are mental illness, love and fidelity and sanity vs insanity.

Anyone else have anyything different?
the six themes we learnt about are:
madness
insanity
illusions
reality
self growth
how the characters view themselves
we also really focused on the major themes such as love and fidelity, direction of the play and the language used
hope this helps
good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)