Struggling with Prelim Workload (1 Viewer)

...xD

HSC
I have ocd and always want to finish absolutely everything my teachers set, thinking that extra practise is always good for you. For example I do everything our Physics teacher gives us and I do more Qs than our math teacher set from the Cambridge textbook just to get that extra practise in.

As a rule of thumb, how many questions of one type should you do before moving on to the next concept? How do you know that you have sufficiently grasped the concept?

Also, any specific time saving advice on these subjects is much appreciated:
- Eng Adv
- Math Ext 1
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Latin Continuers
- Chinese Continuers

Thanks in advanced xD

carrotsss

HSC
If you can do the harder textbook questions for a topic easily then you’re fine, doing all of the questions isn’t very productive and you’d be better off spending that time doing past paper questions

Vall

HSC
for maths there's often like a million really basic questions (think its called the foundation questions in Cambridge) which you should be able to skip most of. depending on how basic a topic is (or how familiar with it u are) just select like the last subpart of each question or every second subpart or just do the last one or two foundation questions or something. and then even in the development (pretty sure thats the name) section you can generally do roughly every second subpart and it should be enough.

for physics i think its way more important to understand concepts than doing heaps of practice questions. just cause the actual maths / algebra is very simple (definitely for anyone doing extension or even advanced maths). so listen in class, read syllabus, read textbook, google stuff and read wikipedia or watch youtube videos on it (just try and stay somewhat within syllabus)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)