Struggling to write sophistically during English exams. (1 Viewer)

OmniPoni

HSC
N/A
When I prepare during an examination times, I write a brilliant essay for preparation (marked and corrected by both in school teacher and tutor), however when I write it during an exam, I struggle to write in a sophisticated manner, brining my marks down for lack of modality and not being able to construct my ideas together. This has been a big struggle for me since Year 11 (year 12 now), any way to over come this?

SanjoyM

HSC
Yes, there are multiple ways to overcome this.
1. Tabluate your thoughts/ideas and memorise them - Memorise your KEY ideas germane to thematic concerns within your essay
2. Memorise a list of quotes, to validate your ideas (This is not only logical, but ensures cohesiveness)
3. USE STEEL method; Statement, Technique, Evidence, Effect and Link

PLAN!! - Planning during reading time in your head and jotting down quick points/notes after reading time will definitely aid you in overcoming this problem - Ensure that your notes are coherent and logical.. AND that they answer the question - PLANNING is essential for success in English.

As time progresses, you will definitely be able to write on the spot. For the time being, inculcate these practices to ensure a coherent, sophisticated and structured essay :)

Hope this helps!! If you need any help or have any questions, you can always ask me :)
Ps: Sorry for the rushed response and myriad typing errors it may contain//

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
You can memorise a sophisticated essay and then just adapt it on the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)