Standard Particle Model (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
4.5 Discuss the key features and components of the standard model of matter, including quarks and leptons

I'm confused about how in-depth I should know this dotpoint, can someone please paste their notes or something?

Thanks in advance.

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
In the standard model of matter, atoms are thought to be composed of fundamental particles, which include quarks and leptons. There are siz type of quark, up, down, charm, strange, top and bottom, and the leptons include the electron and various neutrinos. Quarks combine to form larger particles known as hadrons, and these include the proton and the neutron. Other hadrons include mesons. Force particles called bosons are thought to be responsible for holding the variouse particles together.

Hope that helps. I was actually a bit unsure if we have to know all the names and stuff, but my teacher said we dont really need too....but im not sure.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Standard Particle Model

Buttigieg said:
In the standard model of matter, atoms are thought to be composed of fundamental particles, which include quarks and leptons. There are siz type of quark, up, down, charm, strange, top and bottom, and the leptons include the electron and various neutrinos. Quarks combine to form larger particles known as hadrons, and these include the proton and the neutron. Other hadrons include mesons. Force particles called bosons are thought to be responsible for holding the variouse particles together.

Hope that helps. I was actually a bit unsure if we have to know all the names and stuff, but my teacher said we dont really need too....but im not sure.
Yeah I thought that was all we need to know, I asked my teacher and he told me it was simple although a few others have told me about knowing names, charges etc.

I think we need to know what hadrons make up a proton and neutron.

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Standard Particle Model

tommykins said:
I think we need to know what hadrons make up a proton and neutron.
Oh cool, thanks man

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: Standard Particle Model

yeh in the new syllabus the only Q's ive seen asked on this are: name the quark combinations to give a neuton/proton OR they give us a table with top/bottom and other quarks with their proerties and state: "a particle called the engative pi meson is made up of 2 particles, which of the wabo9ve 2 combos..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)