Standard Model of Atom? (1 Viewer)

ematouk

Actually, I would like to say althought Xayma is correct completely... his knowledge is beyond the syllabus. The syllabus requirements suggest that a Mesons is a Fermion. And the reason I know that is because the board of studies directly assists text book manufacturers in informing them the level at which they are able to go to in being within the syllabus requirements... and this includes the syllabus' mistakes!

The syllabus sometimes teaches us incorrect information inorder to simplify what we need to know for exam times. In Xayma using that knowledge in an exam outside his own school, he may be marked down as essentially the guidelines of the marking criteria force teachers to ONLY mark according to what is IN the syllabus. By outsourcing the errors in the syllabus, this may only cause damage to yourself in terms of marks... lesson to be learned is to stick to the syllabus or you may be burned!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Spin is a realtivistic effect. Sort of like colour. It is an intristic angular momentum, but can't be expressed in terms of classical physics.

It is not like a spinning globe, but more just another property a particle has.

*Insert long technical explanation of how particle spin is not like classical spin*

Basics, a particle with an integral spin (ie -1, 0, 1, 2 etc) CAN exist in the same quantum state as other particle, ie they do not obey Pauli's Exclusion principle, indeed they try and reach the same quantum state. They are Bosons.

Particles with half integral spins (-1/2, 1/2, 3/2 etc) CAN NOT exist in the same quantum state, they obey Pauli's Exclusion Principle. They are Fermions.

*Information with no relevance to HSC physics in any way shape or form follows* However, Fermions can be effectively tricked to pair up to produce an integral spin and act as Bosons, these pairings happen for a very short time but constantly occur allowing a Fermion Condensate to occur, ie a superfluid of fermions.

Ematouk no textbook I have read or any refrence I have seen as had mesons referred to as fermions, they were referred to as Hadrons, however, most leave them out of Bosons even though they are Bosons, they normally restrict Bosons to Gluons, and photons, with the possibilty of the Higgs Boson and the Graviton.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)