'Sports Medicine' Q (1 Viewer)

Gryffindor

HSC
If an athlete sprained an ankle, would the assessor determine from STOP that it's a sprained ankle, the player should be taken off and RICER implemented or would TOTAPS be necessary in this situation too? Thanks if anyone knows!

may22

HSC
If an athlete sprained an ankle, would the assessor determine from STOP that it's a sprained ankle, the player should be taken off and RICER implemented or would TOTAPS be necessary in this situation too? Thanks if anyone knows!

I’d say apply TOTAPS because it measures the extent of the injury and provides an indication of whether the player needs to be completely removed from the field for medical assistance, or if they can return to play after clearance from the medical officials on site

Gryffindor

HSC
I’d say apply TOTAPS because it measures the extent of the injury and provides an indication of whether the player needs to be completely removed from the field for medical assistance, or if they can return to play after clearance from the medical officials on site
Thank you, you're amazing!! I figured TOTAPs as well seeing as its so comprehensive you get a much more definitive idea of the injury and the necessary steps to be taken.
What's your other option topic for pe and how are you finding it?

may22

HSC
Thank you, you're amazing!! I figured TOTAPs as well seeing as its so comprehensive you get a much more definitive idea of the injury and the necessary steps to be taken.
What's your other option topic for pe and how are you finding it?
Health of young people, but we haven’t started it yet, hbu?

Gryffindor

HSC
Health of young people, but we haven’t started it yet, hbu?
Oh nice, I kind of wish we were doing that one because at the moment I'm working on making my writing more concise for SM and my teacher was telling me the health priorities in aus core is more humanity style writing/allows more lengthy responses and that option topic sounds similar 😭
We've just started improving performance and so far the first dot point was so reminiscent of factors affecting performance content haha (analysing two of the types of training)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)