Special Provisions (1 Viewer)

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Just wondering if anyone had Special Provisions and what they thought of them.

I was granted permission for a writer for all my exams except computing skills (as it was online) and chose to have one for english and civics. My Handwriting is mostly unreadable, I've never got an exam back with out having some comment about my handwriting being very difficult to read.

I hated it, I didn't practice with someone which was my fault and had an adult as my writer which was quite hard, if it was a student (thats the usual) then things might of been different. I found myself being quite conscious my answers and not being able to BS my way through it (I think if I had a student as a writer I would of been ok since they understand).
I would of much preferred to be be granted a laptop although was told it was very hard to get that provision.

One of my other friends who had a writer said that you get use to it over time but I fear my SC mark will be below what I was expecting.

But it was cool having a different coloured name card(? badge?) to everyone else

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Just wondering if anyone had Special Provisions and what they thought of them.

I was granted permission for a writer for all my exams except computing skills (as it was online) and chose to have one for english and civics. My Handwriting is mostly unreadable, I've never got an exam back with out having some comment about my handwriting being very difficult to read.

I hated it, I didn't practice with someone which was my fault and had an adult as my writer which was quite hard, if it was a student (thats the usual) then things might of been different. I found myself being quite conscious my answers and not being able to BS my way through it (I think if I had a student as a writer I would of been ok since they understand).
I would of much preferred to be be granted a laptop although was told it was very hard to get that provision.

One of my other friends who had a writer said that you get use to it over time but I fear my SC mark will be below what I was expecting.

But it was cool having a different coloured name card(? badge?) to everyone else
First time I've heard of a writer provision I have to admit.
I know many people in my school who got heaps of extra time tho.

x-Manda-x

HSC
I had to read for a year 10 student last year in the english exam, gosh I hated that (having to read all the text, like multiple times). No one I know this year, had a writer or a reader. I don't even think anyone got extra time. All I know is that some people got to sit their exams in the library due to diabetes, and other problems.

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
I had special provisions .. for extra time.
I was allowed to take a 5min break every 30mins.
I've had adhd since i was 6/7 and i wasn't diagnosed til year 9.
i also had a reader, but i didn't use the reader at all.
and i can understand why it would be very hard to get special provisions for laptop - they would probably think you have some notes hiding in it somewhere
(girl in my grade has juvenile arthiritis so she has a laptop)

Anyways, i only used about 5mins break every hour.. just ate something.. and then got back to work.
Also, the board of studies person was sitting near me when i was doing the exam.. it wasn't as intimidating as i thought it would be

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
My writing is really bad aswell. If i ever get marked down because a teacher couldnt read something i can usually get the marks when i read it to them. In the school certificate we had so much time that i tried to spend extra time writing rather legibly lol. I would consider having a writer more of a disadvantage to be honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)