Sore Throat (1 Viewer)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Just came down with a sore throat a few days ago. Anyone has any recommendations for how to make it feel better or even cure it?! besides the obvious?

BaCC 07~~
HSC
Lozengers or warm water mixed with honey works well for me :)

Lori.

HSC
rest and fluids are the only thing that'll really help.

Try hot tea; chamomille, peppermint, green or black - but def no milk or sugar.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Gargle (sp?) salty water and eat spoonfulls of honey, it really soothes it :)

Feel better soon!

Last edited:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
hehe thanks, i'll try the honey

CieL

HSC
Like others have said.. gargle salt water..

And if you have a runny nose, dont keep sniffing because it'll just run down your throat and cause it to get worse.. I usually make sure I fix up my nose, and then my throat would get better..

And next time, if you feel like you're coming down with something, pop two panadols before you go to sleep and you should be fine the next day

I dislike butter menthols.. they tend to make my nose and throat worse.. I mean, it feels good whilst you're eating it, but once it's gone you feel like total shit again..

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Is it just a sore throught? or rather a viral infection?
If it's the latter there really is no treatment other than analgesics, fresh cool water, and rest.

( I assume it's the latter because it's been a few days.)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I drank heaps of water yesterday and got a early night sleep, now it feels way better!

T

trolloutaface

The best thing to do is mix water with salt and then drink it. It may taste eww but it usually works.

I'm serious. :)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Eh, there are many ways to deal with it. (Some actually work backwards but prevent sore throats in the future.)

A good example of that is tea. It further deteriorates the tissue but at the same time it also strengthens it. It's also a good way to lubricate the skin and physically flush the infection.

Hot tea.

rozymisty

HSC
Sore throats are caused by a virus, so dont go and get antibiotics for them as they will do bugger all and increase your risk of becoming resistant to antibiotics.

Colds are a good thing to have in a way, in that it helps strengthen your immune system.

If you have a temperature, it is best to take paracetamol and warm sponging...DO NOT dispute that coz i did 5 weeks of studying fever so I know what im saying lol. But then again fever is a thing that most medical pple dont know a lot about, and so yeah.

For a sore throat, apparently those lozengers dont do anything at all-there was an article a while ago about that. Just take water, honey, lemon and all those sorts of things and just see it out. If it keeps going, then go and see a doctor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)