SOR I or SOR II? (1 Viewer)

Arch-man

I'm looking to accumulate next year, and I was wondering which SOR to pick, 1 or 2?

Which one would you recommend?

spooky

I do SORII and I'll recommend that if youre interested in it then do 2u, but it means going more indepth than the 1 unit students, as you do everything that the one unit kiddos do... but in the HSC exam, you do 3 essays (to their one) and another cross study.

SOR supposedly gets scaled really well in the HSC, and if you choose 2u, you can completely count out one subject that you went worse in than religion :)

I do one unit, and I managed to pull of first rank in that--so if I can do that, it must be really easy :p
The only reason I didn't do two unit was because I couldn't do it with my extension maths

Last edited:

bex

HSC
sor2 definately. v.easy marks!!
id have to disagree with you there! If SOR II was so easy how come only 2 ppl in the state got in band 6 in last yrs HSC?!?!

On the surface, SOR seems really easy with the info and stuff but the questions are pretty deep and you have to know your work well... I do SOR II and i find its a lot of work but i like it so i dont mind it... Find out what the year ahead of you did as thier cross studies cause theyre a big part of the course and its important that you want to learn these cause theres heaps to them!!

Rosencrantz

Studies of Religion II! I only do I unit (but only because II unit SOR and I unit English Extension are on at the same time! DOH!).

Studies of Religion I unit is a easy as 1, 2, 3 and II unit isn't much more difficult from the results in the class i'm in.
Well thats my thoughts anyway.

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by bex
id have to disagree with you there! If SOR II was so easy how come only 2 ppl in the state got in band 6 in last yrs HSC?!?!

On the surface, SOR seems really easy with the info and stuff but the questions are pretty deep and you have to know your work well... I do SOR II and i find its a lot of work but i like it so i dont mind it... Find out what the year ahead of you did as thier cross studies cause theyre a big part of the course and its important that you want to learn these cause theres heaps to them!!
true, when i say easy marks i don't mean bludge subject. its hard work but its interesting, fun & educates you about history and cultures. It is easy marks in the respect it's basically straightforward and is considered to be one of the subjects it is easier to get marks in. its basic interpretation and analysis of cold hard fact.
the only prob is a lack of info which leads to lower marks (ie. religion and women)

bex

HSC
i agree with the lack of info point!! theres such minimal info and it all says exactly the same thing!.... although i guess you'd be worried if it was all different......

discombobulated

The reason why hardly anyone in SOR 1 or 2 got into the higher bands is because they made the criteria so tight. I heard that from two markers at a SOR day i went to.

CoYLiE

well you're in luck if you choose SOR2, cos apparently they're looking at chopping a fair bit of the course... it's like second on the list for reviewing the size of the syllabus...
so maybe you'll only have to do 2 cross-rel studies instead of 3, or they might cut out the isp (seeing for 2u students, well for us, it was only worth 10% of our school based assessment)
but seeing that it is the board of studies we're talking about, the review won't happen until 2005, and the changes might come in by about 2010!
not to mention the really good scaling if you can get in the top percentile...

CoYLiE

it just seemed a lot of work to do for 10% of the mark, compared with other assessments which you are given only 2 weeks to complete which are weighted a lot more.

SORII

at fst i didnt like SOR II but i luv it now
if u know ur work.. its all pretty straight forward,,
go for II

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)