Some quick questions about your exam... (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i used pilot conversion.....because you can start if off with one branch and then if it is successful you move on to next branch...if not successful you can just go back to old system without disruption of entire chain of branches

i am pretty sure that this is correction, but these days im never 100% sure, reason for this is that i have done a past paper question with a similar business with many branches and in the answer given it was using pilot, for the reason i gave above

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
if you had something else i would not worry too much, as long as you justify your choosing it is correct

my teacher told us that, for questions like these, if you have a desent justification, you will get the marks
but depends on who is marking your exam!!

Bandit

Originally posted by redslert
i used pilot conversion.....because you can start if off with one branch and then if it is successful you move on to next branch...if not successful you can just go back to old system without disruption of entire chain of branches

i am pretty sure that this is correction, but these days im never 100% sure, reason for this is that i have done a past paper question with a similar business with many branches and in the answer given it was using pilot, for the reason i gave above
Your justification sounds like the justification for a Phased Conversion. Saying start with one, then "move on to the next branch" and so on, that is phased. Where as, if you said (or mean) start with one branch, if that works, start the rest of them at the same time, that would be pilot. :) Just my 2 cents anyway.

You are right though, any conversion can get marks, as long as you justify it right.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I did phased conversion and justified it by saying something about the fact that errors detected early would have a minimal effect on staff, and would be easy to switch back to the old system.

neesha

we have 2 buy all our books....but now i get 2 sell em,all my books from year 7 2 year 12....$$$$$$$!! hehe

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I was heading towards phased conversion for that question but ultimately decided on direct, because there's a main centre which the calls immediately go to, so I figured the whole thing has to be working or it would be confusing. What if a customer calls the main centre for an order but their local supplier isn't on the new system yet?

anyway, doesn't matter now, does it?

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
1) What two transmission error-checking methods did you discuss?

2) Which conversion method did you justify as an appropriate conversion method for Gourmet Bytes?

CRC and checksum

and

Pilot then Direct.

Didn't do either of those options.

Adzi

hey yous know for that coversion method question, which one would be best for gourmet bytes or whatever. yeh i put Pilot, cause since they had 8 branches they could like test it in one branch first? since i justified why would i still get a mark?

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
yeh, that's what I believe, as long as you justify adequately a decent join, its alright.

a2z

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by neesha
we have 2 buy all our books....but now i get 2 sell em,all my books from year 7 2 year 12....$$$$$$$!! hehe
So do we! It sucks how expensive the books are...the 2nd Book for 2 unit maths, which is seriously only just over a centimetre thick cost $47!!! And that's just for ONE book for ONE subject!!! Damn my school!! And it's so dumb, because we have our own bookshop, which is supposedly cheaper than normal ones, and after buying an book for english, I peeled off the $17 sticker only to reveal the $11 rrp printed on the back!!! RIPPED OFF!!

hazza

4) What tasks did you say were undertaken by technical staff in the development of multimedia applications?

UMDIT .. dunno why i used it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)