Software Design & Development Exam Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

WynCon

HSC
I want to know whats your averages for the 3 sections?
I'm averaging around 13 for sect 1, 53(only did the 2014 paper) for sect 2, 16 for sect 3.
I'm gonna fail, should not have crammed.

minijo

HSC
I want to know whats your averages for the 3 sections?
I'm averaging around 13 for sect 1, 53(only did the 2014 paper) for sect 2, 16 for sect 3.
I'm gonna fail, should not have crammed.
for me, I find it pretty reasonable to get consistently 19+/20 in the multi choice, 56+/60 in short, and 18+/20 in option
however, I've done most of the past HSC software papers and the 2014 one was pretty much the hardest one, so you can give yourself a bit of slack for that.

WynCon

HSC
really? most of the content questions could be bs and becuz recent exams consists of more algorithms apparently I feel like they could be harder.
but currently, my 2015 paper MCQ is the highest with 15 and the rest before that and 2016 are consistent 13's.
Anyways thanks for the reply and GL!

minijo

HSC
really? most of the content questions could be bs and becuz recent exams consists of more algorithms apparently I feel like they could be harder.
but currently, my 2015 paper MCQ is the highest with 15 and the rest before that and 2016 are consistent 13's.
Anyways thanks for the reply and GL!
All the content questions are pretty straight forward in any software paper, and can definitely be bs'ed. The only places you would lose mark in short answer would be stuff like weird algorithms like in the 2014 one with the 2d array of records or diagrams in my opinion, which can cost you 4 or 5 marks

aido6969swag

HSC
Thoughts on today's exam? I found it pretty good tbh, all the algorithms were honestly pretty straight forward. The circuit simplification for Option Topic 2 had me stumped though, anyone else have trouble with this? I couldn't simplify it below 5 Logic Gates :/

Ooklei

HSC
Thoughts on today's exam? I found it pretty good tbh, all the algorithms were honestly pretty straight forward. The circuit simplification for Option Topic 2 had me stumped though, anyone else have trouble with this? I couldn't simplify it below 5 Logic Gates :/
I got not C (A+B) but yeah i was tilted having to retry it 3 times.

Yakult1

HSC
Very good exam considering my trials and the weird ass algorithms my teacher put in those papers. Anyone who did paradigms find that section honestly laughable? Like the questions were so foundational it was crazy. However there was one algorithm i spent like 20 mins on which was the one where you had to find a match for a small string inside of a big string. I remembered doing a leetcode question with the same problem and I just sat there for so long thinking of my pythonic solution and how to make it suitable for pseudocode

Yakult1

HSC
I had a glance at question 35 after i finished just to see the kinda questions u guys got and i was so fucking confused LMFAO i feel bad for u

minijo

HSC
However there was one algorithm i spent like 20 mins on which was the one where you had to find a match for a small string inside of a big string. I remembered doing a leetcode question with the same problem and I just sat there for so long thinking of my pythonic solution and how to make it suitable for pseudocode
I thought that question was pretty straight forward since they gave you the length and extract subroutines already

aido6969swag

HSC
I got not C (A+B) but yeah i was tilted having to retry it 3 times.
ah well done i just did the truth table now and i think your output is right. nice work! how did you find the rest of the exam?

aido6969swag

HSC
that sorting algorithm question was annoying af
I did two nested FOR loops where it incremented 'Start' from 0 until the end of the string and the next FOR loops it incremented length from 1 till end of string - start (to make sure it didn't compare with any NULL values once the string had ended). Hopefully that works, I think it does / if not if gets pretty close. It tests all length combos starting at each letter. I then compared it with the smaller string after each sort and just flagged true when it was equal to that. Anyone else do something similar logic wise?

Yakult1

HSC
I thought that question was pretty straight forward since they gave you the length and extract subroutines already
Yeah i really overcomplicated my solution but im pretty sure ill get the marks

HSC
I did two nested FOR loops where it incremented 'Start' from 0 until the end of the string and the next FOR loops it incremented length from 1 till end of string - start (to make sure it didn't compare with any NULL values once the string had ended). Hopefully that works, I think it does / if not if gets pretty close. It tests all length combos starting at each letter. I then compared it with the smaller string after each sort and just flagged true when it was equal to that. Anyone else do something similar logic wise?
that was a different question than the one i was talking about (the string question), but i got something like

Code:
BEGIN IsMatch(string, BigString)
    Let len = length(string)

FOR index = 1 TO length(BigString) - len STEP 1
        IF extract(bigString, index, len) = string THEN
            RETURN true
        ENDIF
    NEXT index

RETURN false
END
given that I don't remember the full question and I probably forgot to put "THEN" on the end of the if

WynCon

HSC
I somehow got A+ B.C(not) I believe. I forgot what a xor gate was. The last opt 2 q I just wrote repetition data body then print then end rep then repeat that x3.
I didn’t expect a structure chart to be in the exam as well especially as a short answer and I even told my classmates it will most likely be a mcq. The last algo q I just wrote employment as Employment([name],…
I’m failing the exam for sure hello band 1.
Also why did it feel way more difficult than past exams esp the short answer system modeling tool and algorithms and opt 2.
🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲
I don’t want to see the light of day again send me a coffin.

triviajeon

HSC
not C (A+B)
I got this too!!

To be fair, I quite enjoyed this paper. Besides a few yucky parts like the pseudocode for extracting string or whatever etc. Overall, I'd say it was better than 2020 :spin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)