Simple Story (1 Viewer)

HackedStudent

I feel like such an idiot. All around me I see people doing these incredibly deep and meaningful short stories, meanwhile I'm just going with plain old historical fiction *sighs*

Is there anyone else out there doing something like this? My shrot story is set during the Hundreds Years War between france and England, at the Battle of Agincourt. Basically the jist of my story is this: Main char (William, yeah REAL English name:D ) takes a group of ten longbowmen and scouts ahead of the army as it moves through Normandy. They run into a group of French knights and bascially cat and mouse each other till then end where the French are killed. The battle of Agincourt doesn't actually feature in my story.

Any comments people? Thanks:)

chip

HSC
is there a love story in there somewhere cause that would make it chessy as..........
it would still be pretty complex though isnt it

maybe you could tell it from multiple view points or something...... yeh i dont know i'm not creative

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
sounds intersting......make sure u dramatise conflict and the intensity of the conflict.....

dont worry abt all da other pplz....ani idea is really useless if you cannot make it work....that goes for all da *deep and meaningful* ideas as well...:p

a lot of my freinds are also doing short stories....one is doing da conflict beetween refugees and the government...another guy is doing the conflict between isarel and palenstine......he is wriitng in terms of a boy'z pt of view....inspired by the incident in which a boy got killed during a shootoff at the border of Palestine and isarel...

rhinoivory

same here

Hey! My story is pretty simple, it's not deep and meaningful either! I'm really happy with my work though. I saw some showcased works the other day and I totally freaked!!! Then I came to the realisation that I never intended for my story to be deep and meaningful.

During the Christmas break, I was sitting with a mate in a park. We were brainstorming idea's, and telling eachother what we intended to do. I swore to myself that I would never write a story that ventures too far. The sole intention for my short story is an entertaining, creative and original peice, that caters for a general audience!

Also, I wrote my short story with the intention of adapting it into film at the end of this year. FRANKLY, I don't care if people don't like it. I'm not writing this story to make intelects feel warm and fuzzy. I'm doing this for myself, and myself only. If people like it or if people don't, I'm not really worried. I think heaps of people on this board are strung up with marks rather than what is good or bad! Please people, write a story that you like, not what you think the markers like! GOOD ON YOU hackedstudent for doing something that you like. I'm sure that at the end of this year, you will have a well-developed, highly original story!!!

P.S, once everything's handed up at the end of the year, I wouldn't mind reading it :)

chip

HSC
i agree i'm not doing this to make someone else feel goodi love my major work and am working for myself not some stupid examiners

lizzy1004

HSC
kkk i'm doin a short story too^^* mines about the past and da present of korea~ mines kind got a love story but i based it on a korean myth ~ i saw da showcase stuff and got intimidated too but they werent exactly dat goot-.-;; or maybe l'm just dumb... i couldnt get myself to read into it.. all of it seemed post modern... i dont care i;m just gonna do my thing, wut i enjoy and love~! GO FOR IT~!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)