should i keep ext 1 maths or drop to adv maths??? (1 Viewer)

stu(dying)

HSC
My subjects: 3u math, English std, bio, cafs, sor1, business

Soo its been 2 weeks into yr 11 and I cant decide if I should drop ext1 maths 😖 I don't have a tutor (although I am looking for one), feel really dumb compared to all the other students, and I find that it takes me a while to understand a concept compared to other students meaning that I keep asking my classmates qs regarding the hw and idk i just feel like I'm only doing ext1 because i got in and want to give it a try but idk if that'll make me do bad in my other subjects. also my teacher is scaring me by saying it only gets harder from here... but i lowkey wanna push myself to do it but idk 😫 any tips??? or have i literally just made up my mind and should just drop to adv math only?

HSC
You can excel at mx1 as long as you work hard
There's nothing in there that makes it extremely difficult to understand to the extent that it would be better for you to just drop it
It's only the 2nd week so stick with it for a bit and see how it goes, you can drop any time and it'll also make adv maths easier for you

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
It's not necessarily true you will excel in MX1 if you work hard. Appreciate that wollongong warrior is trying to be helpful and to encourage you.

But do give MX1 your best effort and see how you go, before deciding.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)