Should I do Science Extension? (1 Viewer)

Equustrian

HSC
Im currently in Yr 11 and being given the option to take science extension.

My plan after graduating is to do a medicine related course so I'm wondering if science ext will be helpful in terms of getting me into a medicine related course.

Also is it worth it? What kind of content is taught? I have read the syllabus but I need an actual student who has gone through sci ext to share their experience.

Also, im dropping chem....so later on in yr 12, can i drop sci ext if i feel like its too much (i will have 10 units then)

If someone could help out, it'd be great!

Subjects:
Ancient
Modern
Bio
Chem
Food tech
English

Last edited:

nsw..wollongong

HSC
It was one of my most painful subjects bro the amt of work going into a one unit subject it crazy but I’d say it was worth it, I made connections with different universities and my name might be on a patent bc of my project, so that could help u in the future if u wanna pursue a med related degree! The hsc exam itself was a tad bit difficult but accessible, I’d say it was one of my easier exams this yr. In terms of the content, there’s a lot of memorisation and application to given situations especially with data and criteria of statistical analyses. But given ur combo of subjects, I reckon def give it a go and drop if its too much.

Equustrian

HSC
It was one of my most painful subjects bro the amt of work going into a one unit subject it crazy but I’d say it was worth it, I made connections with different universities and my name might be on a patent bc of my project, so that could help u in the future if u wanna pursue a med related degree! The hsc exam itself was a tad bit difficult but accessible, I’d say it was one of my easier exams this yr. In terms of the content, there’s a lot of memorisation and application to given situations especially with data and criteria of statistical analyses. But given ur combo of subjects, I reckon def give it a go and drop if its too much.
Thanks for the info!
Just need to clarify one thing. Can i drop sci ext in Yr 12 after dropping chem in Yr 11?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)