Should I be actually worried about the HSC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
So I am dropping Modern but my marks are really poor - mainly English & Japanese, and it's hard sometimes to concentrate and I don't get certain things. I do Japanese through Open High School and I get no feedback on how to improve, so most of the Year 11 Structures go right through me and my teacher is very broad and doesn't really help me as such, so I am very much alone when doing the course.

My marks are:
Art - 70%
SORII - 70%
Drama - ? (haven't gotten it back)
English - 36% (had a misadventure form put in place, so might be a higher mark)
Japanese - 33%
Modern 48%

I don't know how to improve in Japanese & English. Help?

starryblue

HSC
O-o" the only way to impove in english is to read and build up ur vocab. figure out ur weakpoints, whether its essay writing or comprehension, etc.

and why r u dropping Modern? ur doing better at Modern than at Jap :L

and to improve in jap, that's just practice, pratice and practice. learn ur structures and vocab, r u still doin entension?

thorax94

HSC
What is a misadventure form? How does it give you higher marks?

Can't really help you with Japanese but with English, go through plenty of past papers so you get a feel for the kinds of questions, write your creative in advanced and give it to your teacher for her/him to mark and improve and know read/re read your texts

HSC
Uni Grad
I hate Modern. It's really boring and I just don't find what we are learning very interesting.
With the misadventure form, the Head Teacher will find the mark that I would of gotten and if the mark that I would of gotten is higher than the mark that I got, then it'll be my exam mark. The reason I got it was because of family issues.

HSC
Uni Grad
and to improve in jap, that's just practice, pratice and practice. learn ur structures and vocab, r u still doin entension?
Nah, I am not doing Extension. Would like to though but the Head teacher said it was too much work and marks aren't there yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)