Section II of exam! (1 Viewer)

roo

HSC
hi aalll.. (if anyone comes here) :)

ya know how there's an essay question at the end..? how many artists would you refer to? i was thinking 2, but i realised i did 3 in an assessment test. i'm not really sure now.. :(

or how many artworks would you refer to? like 2 from the same artist? or 2 from the same artist + another from a different artist?

*sigh* confused! please help!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by roo
how many artists would you refer to? i was thinking 2, but i realised i did 3 in an assessment test. i'm not really sure now.. :(

or how many artworks would you refer to? like 2 from the same artist? or 2 from the same artist + another from a different artist?
the last essay i did (a homework one, not an exam one, but it was a past hsc question) i had 3 artists (2 works each), with passing references to some others. in exams i think i usually have 3 artists with 2 works each or 2 artists with 2 or 3 works each, but there's no set number...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeh, saladsurgery, i do the same thing as you

our teacher said that do 3 artists really in-depth, and talk about one or two of their artworks. then mention (in passing or a few brief sentences) a range of other artists which relay to the question. and with each artist somehow linkit to the frames and the conceptual framework (urgh - but it has to be done)

i put up my research essay on the bored of s. website if you're interested.

roo

HSC
eeks are you guys serious?! i was thinking doing 2.. and that's it lol..

but i did 3 the other time with 4 artworks and was pushed for time and only gor 16/20 (though 17 was erased underneath it *groan*). buut i only studied one night, aannd i'll be doing the same for tuesday. *sigh*

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
don't worry, i am too (studying more or less the night before) i have tuesday off and my art exam is on wed. so i'll be cramming.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
don't worry, i am too (studying more or less the night before) i have tuesday off and my art exam is on wed. so i'll be cramming.
good luck (if you've been good and not distracted you won't read this till afterwards :)). In preparing for art exams, do you prepare for just one type of question (e.g. the stuff i'm interested is postmodern works, use of new material and stuff that can be challanging/shocking)?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery

good luck (if you've been good and not distracted you won't read this till afterwards :)). In preparing for art exams, do you prepare for just one type of question (e.g. the stuff i'm interested is postmodern works, use of new material and stuff that can be challanging/shocking)?
ahaha!! 'good'?! i dont know the meaning of the word!
nah ive got some class notes on tracey moffatt, marcel duchamp a nd picasso which im gonna read through tomorrow, and sort of pull it outta my ass. i was doing well in art, came first (even though its only outta 8, but hey) but i really fugged up the last essay so theres not much motivation at this point in time. only for my major work cos ive spent soooo much time and money (literally hundreds of dollars - over 300 at the last count, cos im doing photography), but yeh, anyway, basically, i dont particularly care too much about art atm. i mean i watched secret life and last weeks dawsons creek (again) so i dont think i seen to be taking it too seriously :(

anyway, yeh, im 'preparing' for just one idea, basically the whole modernism thing and contemporary art. my major points will be something along the point how because of the artists' change in reaction to their world, i.e they actually do react to the world, and artworks can be lots of different mediums (i.e film, performance, installation, sound, electronic, etc,)(, and how the audience is an integral part of an artwork, cos they complete the artwork. like e.g koons' works, if thy're not presented in galleriies and displayed as artworks for people to see, they become little trinkets and crap.

baaaasically im just arguing that art has changed from traditional art. duh. but its such a vague and general topic that there has to be at least ONE question which asks that sorta thing...
anyway hope you can make more sense of that than i can!

-jian

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i put up my research essay on the bored of s. website if you're interested.
thanks, the oscar wilde quote was handy :) i have some notes up there too - we're the first contributors. yay.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
oh so you're patrick armstrong?

i thought u were a chick at first sorry. guess saladsurgery kinda subconsciously made me think that you were a chef or something...i have no idea what im talking about. i'll shut up now
:p

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
oh so you're patrick armstrong?
true.

thought u were a chick at first sorry. guess saladsurgery kinda subconsciously made me think that you were a chef or something...i have no idea what im talking about. i'll shut up now :p
hmm. confused :confused:. well i initially thought you had the word johnson in your name. but now i have some vague connection with that pink elephant that used to have a show on abc. good luck with exams/hope they went well.

visiondamage

ya know how there's an essay question at the end..? how many artists would you refer to? i was thinking 2, but i realised i did 3 in an assessment test. i'm not really sure now..

we were handed out an exam specification sheet today and on it it says for section II, know at least 4 -5 artists really well and know at least ONE(1) artwork from each artist. now that might seem like a lot, but if you do the artists that you respect/love, 4 -5 is pretty easy :)

i always do the same artists (jeffrey smart, h.r.giger, joy hester, frida khalo and van gogh) in every exam and so far i haven't had any problem. just know your artists well and you'll be able to crap on.. hehe

-heres my two cents

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i did my art exam...it was the BIGGEST piece of BBULLSHIT EVER!!! there was soooo much reading, our crazy psycho teacher put in two pieces of writing, one ihstorical and one critical, and we had to crap on about how they were different. one of the other questions was about some chick who went into a galery, stripped and was really sadistic, and the joseph beuys (sp?) guy, and we had to talk about what the relationship was between the artist and their artwork...WHAT THE F***?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!!

the essay was okay though. sort of. it was some generic one about contemproary art and how it changed conventions of traditional art and stuff. we basically got the same question for our research essay so i just re-used lotsa info - tracey moffatt, christian boltanski, marcel duchamp, susan hiller, morimura and jeff koons. my hand just about fell off after that horrible 1.5 hour ordeal... urgh...oh well at least only one more crappy hsc art exam EVER!!!! woo BLOODY hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery

true.

hmm. confused :confused:. well i initially thought you had the word johnson in your name. but now i have some vague connection with that pink elephant that used to have a show on abc. good luck with exams/hope they went well.
haha!! johnson and friends was the weirdest show!
actually my name isn't even johnson. i dont know why i used that, ive never ever ever been called that before. i think i just typed in the first word that came into my head. and johnson it was...?!

anyway yeh thanks for the good luck, i bloody well need it. although ive already nearly finished. already english AOS and art and maths (the latter which i totally f'd up cos i could only answer two thirds of the paper, literally), and ive only got modules and 3u english left. so yeh i really should study for them. yes. i should...

-jian

p.s good luck with yours too! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)