Section 2 letter (1 Viewer)

T-Star!

Hey, you know what I think was stupid? Getting us to write about an experience in a vivid and imaginative way, in the form of a letter. Its pretty hard. Mine was more like a letter intro, then diverged into this whole descriptive story. Didn't refer back to who I was writing to hardly at all! Was anyone elses like that?

And one other thing....if I was the authors of these texts, and I recieved this long and detailed letter from someone I didn't even know, talking about a personal experience, I'd think they were a loony, or I'd get bored halfway through it. I do not get the board of studies. Whoever sets these questions is a loony!!!
:)

melissella

loony!!

i did that exact same thing! whats more, my experience didnt have anything to do with the song (i wrote to the text 1 person). at the end, i realised this, and kinda sorta went "well- what i mean to say is that u can do whatever u believe in ie u have the power to change things" etc but in better words than THAT. so mine was more of a creative writing disguised as a letter. it was very creative- and i used heaps of language techniques by mistake so i hope i go ok

but overall i thought it was an ok question- they have to give us some guidelines, and that question let us write basically anything. i agree, tho, its not very realistic- i would never write to some poor author or whatever talking about MYSELF, how very boring for them

what did u write about?

Gidge

I totally agree!!!
I wrote about some development thats actually happening in the inner city and all the while thinking why in the hell would this person even care...? You'd think the question could be a bit more realistic!
I also wrote 2 letters, the second being a kind of reflectiony type conclusiony thing...will i lose marks for that?

Ozz^E

I choose to write to the poet ('cicadas'). I kinda went along the lines of comparing teenagers moving into the adult world to the cicada taking thier living form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)