Section 1 - Stimulus (2 Viewers)

bmn

HSC
am i the only fucker who did texts 2 and 4 for the final question in section 1?
I done 2 and 4... 1 had limited stuff, and didn't understand it too well (hope I got the marks for the first thing...), and 3 was just completely boring. To be honest, I didn't even read 3, and only read the heading/first lines with repetition in 4...

Freckles14

HSC
Pretty straightforward. I did 3 and 4 for the last question.
BTW, were we meant to talk about connections with people in that part? I figured the question "connections between people and places" just meant like, connection to place, as in I assumed it meant "people" = me for example, and "places" = my home for example.

Oh well, if not I mentioned how the land in T3 is personified and so on, so I can't have done too badly (I hope).

blabla91

HSC
am i the only fucker who did texts 2 and 4 for the final question in section 1?
Nah i did 2 and 4 as well, had heaps of techniques in the poem not as many in the non-fiction but i prefered what it said about belonging

Sau

HSC
My time management was horrible. Put all of the good stuff in a, b, c, d and then didn't write enough for e.
yeah even i didnt finish question e
just wrote some nonsense for it
the text which i didnt like was the landscape one
i was like WTH

rokkuguhyo

HSC
Anyone know what the technique was in the first text? The one where all these people had hands on top of each other? Because I was going to do that one for the last question, and I spent about 5 minutes looking for a technique, so I was like "stuff it". and went with the third and fourth texts.

ozziguy

HSC
yeah even i didnt finish question e
just wrote some nonsense for it
the text which i didnt like was the landscape one
i was like WTH
I did that also. I get to question e, check the clock and its already 10:02. Wrote barely more than a page of absolute shitness for that question.

Bdogz

HSC
N/A
What were the techniques in text three? i sed sumthign about repetition of that "Home is..." line

Edit: sorry i ment text four

Last edited:

raniaaa

:)
HSC
Text three is the landscape one...
yeah in the 4th paragraph she kept saying "i feel so at home here, the landscape is my home blablabla" something like that. i said repetition of home, and emotive language and yeah :)

stimulus was good, picture was cute- talked about the positioning. the poem was okay too, talked about 'social inadequacy', the last text was weird :S and i compared the texts two and three :):)

Piratefishy

HSC
N/A
Anyone know what the technique was in the first text? The one where all these people had hands on top of each other? Because I was going to do that one for the last question, and I spent about 5 minutes looking for a technique, so I was like "stuff it". and went with the third and fourth texts.
I think i wrote something about the 'positioning' of the hands and the little cardboard house.

What were the techniques in text three? i sed sumthign about repetition of that "Home is..." line
Text 3 was the landscape one with the girl - in that one i think i focused on the isolation from urban society and the emphasis on the beauty of and her wonder with Silence - and used his descriptions to silent things..um yeah

For text four, the "Home is.." one, you could have used anaphora, but i think i focused on the interspersed mix of Formal and informal registers, the use of explanatory paragraps and the use of the T.S. Eliot quote. Also the set-out, eg. the paragraphing, i guess, and the use of personal experience.

absorber

HSC
What was the aspect in q a)? I put like layering of hands, showing belonging despite obvious physical differences, age etc. but not sure, not good at these things :(

The Hippy

HSC
i'll be happy with a 5 for section 1.. ran out of time and the questions didnt make sense to me

sunnycutiegal

HSC
for the 5marker

'select any two of these texts and compare their portrayal of the connections between people and places'

did u have to refer to all the texts?

hano

HSC
i spent too long annotating the texts in the booklets that i didnt get enough time to completely finish, 2-3 minutes more and i would have been fine! argh
time management is the hardest part of the exam!
the texts were alright, but geez, they made it hard to get it all done, 4 texts! too many.
my section (e) ended up being all the same, very basic prose.
technique quote explain. blergh
how much do they award to style?

also, does anyone know, are all the sections weighted equally?

sunnycutiegal

HSC

yh. i said the central positioning of the house, which equals to importance and what not

and also the layering of the hands hihglgihts social belonging

wonmin

HSC
For trials I thought I did a mediocre job in the unseen texts. But managed to score 15/15. Anything can happen I guess. Or maybe my trials was a bit too easy. But then again who knows. The BOS people are positive markers. If you can justify your answer, you can potentially get a mark for it. No matter how bs it is (As long as it makes sense). Just my POV.

Piratefishy

HSC
N/A
for the 5marker

'select any two of these texts and compare their portrayal of the connections between people and places'

did u have to refer to all the texts?
No you didn't, only 2. they'll tell you if they want you to refer to all of them :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)