Science/Law vs. International and Global Studies/Law (1 Viewer)

blabla91

HSC
Hi,
I'm still at high school and was attempting to work out what courses I'm interested in/ aiming towards. I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ personal experience on the courses in the title. I am very confused about how the courses work in general, particularly combined courses, for instance how many subjects do you choose for each course? I'm very keen to continue my physics but don't find many other subjects within science that I'm attracted to. On the other hand quite a few subjects look interesting in international and global studies, it all depends on how many i have to do... I know its based on credit points but I have a very limited understanding of how that works.

I've also heard different combination laws have different hours per week, is this true? and if so what are the differences?

I know I'm asking alot but the whole process is quite confusing and any insight would be greatly appreciated!

spence

HSC
blabla91 said:
Hi,
I'm still at high school and was attempting to work out what courses I'm interested in/ aiming towards. I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ personal experience on the courses in the title. I am very confused about how the courses work in general, particularly combined courses, for instance how many subjects do you choose for each course? I'm very keen to continue my physics but don't find many other subjects within science that I'm attracted to. On the other hand quite a few subjects look interesting in international and global studies, it all depends on how many i have to do... I know its based on credit points but I have a very limited understanding of how that works.

I've also heard different combination laws have different hours per week, is this true? and if so what are the differences?

I know I'm asking alot but the whole process is quite confusing and any insight would be greatly appreciated!
The law part of each combined degree will be the same. Basically for that you do 10 law courses over the first 3 years, and full-time law in 4th and 5th year.

For the BIGS component, you do a major in one of the listed areas, which requires 48 credit points (8 subjects). You also do the four INGS units, and electives from arts (I think its four electives).

I'm not too sure about the science part, but you could check in the science handbook

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)