science ext major help pls :( (1 Viewer)

lydiaodehh

HSC
hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with ideas for my science ext major i do only chem btw. i wanted to do something related to the chemistry of cancer but im not sure if its too complicated.

username_2

HSC
First thing to remember: this is a science extension report and science is a combination of physics, chemistry and biology and everything in science is closely linked together. It doesn't matter if it goes too deep into bio or chemistry, it does not matter. You can do both or only one of them, all it has to be is hypothesis-and-experiment based writing. So I would suggest instead of thinking of whether it would be too much into bio or chem, read literature. Read proper scientific articles done by real scientists and binge as many papers as you can. Choose what you like the best and thnk about what can you contribute: can you model it, or can you find something new, or can you confirm a hypothesis. Be super specific and try to think of it this way: can I do it in my school lab and can I add to what exists. I hope this clears some of the conflict you have but feel free to ask me more questions. Happy to help (just finished my sci extension report yesterday, so... I am free i guess.)

dasfas

HSC
I'm pretty sure you need to get data for sci ext, so for something to do with cancer, you should try email some institutions about your project and ask if someone is willing to supervise. Maybe ask your teachers if they have any contacts

Kira141

HSC
Science is a very interesting subject! Try to distract yourself here pegas21bonus.com, online, mobile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)