School evacuated (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Hehehehe this has nothing to do with anything really, but i thought i would just let you's know anyway.
Yesterday casue of the flash flooding my school got evacuated at like 10:30. What a great last day.
A heap of rooms got damaged (carpet, walls tables ect.). Most of them were new rooms that had only been open for like a week (they were all just built or revamped [cost the school like 1.2mil or somthing all up]).
Police, fire and news people were there, and you had to walk through ankle deep water to get anywhere, and all the outside pipes were starting the burst, the creek broke its banks, and our ovals turned into a swimming pool, (we always wanted a pool hehehehe) .
What are the chances. Funny stuff.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah wow thats funny!
i remember it was the first day in year 10... i think back in 2001. or was it year 9? i'm not sure. but anywayz, it was the first day of school and it was raining... it was raining for like 4 days straight. and yeah.. went to skool and as the first bell rang, we went to rollcall... then we were told to go home LOL :D
apparently, because the skool is next to the rain/sewage way, it flooded and all the sewage couldnt get passed, and it was a health hazard. LOL what are the chances of that happening again?!

yeah my skool and i think 2 other skools in the local area got sent home too.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
when i was in year 9, we had a whole stack of bomb threats made to the school...

basically once a week, there was a bomb threat that they believed serious enough to evacuate us for... it was SO boring... we'd have to go sit out on the oval for about 3 hours at a time, doing nothing...

it was kinda the last straw when there was a bomb scare midway thru year 12's trials...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
At my cousin's school they had 8 bomb threats in 2 weeks. Actually its happened a couple of times, they had one a day at one stage. I think it was last year or the year before and they got evacuated everytime.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Can anybody give any reasons why people would bomb a school?
Besides personal motivation (hate principal)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Ah, yeah when I was in like year 8 we used to get bomb threats pretty much every second day for about a month straight. At first it was kinda cool (ie-"yay, we get out of class!") but after awhile it was just like "Damn-now we have to sit on the boring oval for 2 hours!" (now...if a bomb went off in the school-would we really be safe sitting on the oval just outside the building anyway?!) It also would have been pretty bad for the year 12s, trying to do their HSC year and being interrupted with bomb threats.:( It's also kinda slack cos am ambulance woudl have to be called and would have to wait out the front of the school for about 2 hours in case it went off (not that it was ever expected to-but it's a proceedure I guess...)-and it's pretty bad that it has to be tied up when there could be someone out there who really needed it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
It doesn't matter if they know its a hoax they have to evacuate and check by law

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
It's funny how bomb threats happen during exams (none of mine though).
We have had bomb threats but not during exams, somthing was even found once, but i wasent a real bomb.
The only *funny* thing i can think of that has happened during one of my exams, was last year dring my SC maths test in the non calculator part, we had 2 bloody magpies swooping at us for the entire thing. that went on for half an hour, and we got an extra 5 minutes on the end of another section. Tell me where is the logic in that????

jessika

law chicky
HSC
lol, we had birds thats flew into our hall and crashed into each other and then just kept flying around...but we didn't get extra time.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by jessika
lol, we had birds thats flew into our hall and crashed into each other and then just kept flying around...but we didn't get extra time.
LOL i would of bursted out laughing! thats funny :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
We once had a bomb threat (I don't live in the city so they are very very rare) and it was the funniest thing ever! There was a parcel at the front of the school that said "Bom" on it (yes, it was spelt like that!). They didn't evacuate us, they just cordened off a section of the school. Then our insane principal gave us a talk and said we should be cautious and "scale the walls" so of course we spent the rest of the day acting like we were in Mission Impossible... so so funny. Then the bomb squad came and brought one of their robots and it went in and destroyed the package... it actually contained some leaves, acorns, and a broken alarm clock lol!!!! It was on the news and everything, it was the funniest thing! And it was sport day as well and they couldn't get the buses to come to the front of the school so the buses were trying to fit into the little side streets at the back of the school, and it was raining!! LOL!

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
once we had a bomb threat

19 of my friends where killed, and i broke all my limbs in 8 seperate places each, you inconsiderate goonbags.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)