Romanticism creative period piece? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hi, just wondering whether they could specify/ prefer/ be better for marking if the creative was set during the Romantic Era?

thankssss

imd94

HSC
i'm not sure about the specify thing (there's only two past papers with this module to go off, and they haven't specified in those) but my teacher advised us to always set our piece in the Romantic period, or, only if it absolutely fits the question, do something Possession-esque where you have flashbacks to the Romantic time. The majority of your story should be set in the Romantic period because it allows you to address the rubric better, i.e. show what you know about ways of thinking and can adopt a Romantic "voice".

maryroser

HSC
i wouldn't be surprised if they specified. after the adv. exam (with belonging to place and mod B) was so specific i would expect them to specify. i just sincerely hope it's not too bad

imd94

HSC
how specific can they be? we had the independent school's trial and our creative was to continue a scene from one of our set texts from a different point of view to what was in the text. I would think that's as specific as it could get

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
I always thought it was expected to base your creative during the romantic era as it shows you have an understanding of the context and "ways of thinking" of the time period, thus better marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)