Roland Garros (French Open) (1 Viewer)

Marc26

HSC
Any predictions for Roland Garros which is coming up very very soon.
As always I'm sticking with Nadal, purely for his record on clay etc.
King of Clay!

Nah, but Djokovic is steam rolling everyone and he is definitely a contender.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i hope that nadal doesn't win

if he doesn't, i'm happy

Ryan_T90

HSC
I'm sick of Djokovic winning all these titles, need someone new to hold a Grand Slam. I don't mind if Federer or Nadal win, however, I am rooting for Murray as always but I am not liking his chances, mainly due to the surface.

Womens, Samantha Stosur all the way! She really does play some of her best tennis on the clay courts. I think though that we'll see a Kvitova win or maybe even a Schiavone win again.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm sick of Djokovic winning all these titles, need someone new to hold a Grand Slam. I don't mind if Federer or Nadal win, however, I am rooting for Murray as always but I am not liking his chances, mainly due to the surface.

Womens, Samantha Stosur all the way! She really does play some of her best tennis on the clay courts. I think though that we'll see a Kvitova win or maybe even a Schiavone win again.
what

acemusic415

HSC
Mens
Favourite: Djokovic (he's on a fucking roll. Pardon the french)
Personal Favourite: Federer - I doubt it as he can never seem to win at the French. If not, Djokovic though, Nadal is dubbed the King of Clay for a reason.

Womens
Favourite: Azarenka (massive winning streak thus far)
Personal Favourite: Azarenka, Wozniacki and Stosur! The French isn't so consistent in terms of the champion. I hope Schiavone doesn't win again...

I really hope Stosur wins because she is quite skilled on clay courts. Having said that, she's undoubtedly flaky and inconsistent as a player. She dominates the U.S Open, flunks the Australian Tour, pretty much destroys the 2012 Qatar Ladies Open and then flunks quickly in Dubai. It's like wut, seriously? I love her to death though. Aside from her, I've been cheering for Azarenka ever since I saw her during the first round in Apia (Medibank) this year and ever since, she's been on a roll! Lastly, Wozniacki has been declining (not really, but by comparative standards yes). I really want her to achieve at least one slam.

Last edited:

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
Popular opinion will indicate that Djokovic is the heavy favourite although Nadal is ruthlessly known as the King of Clay. I think that Djokovic is overrated in regards to the French Open and that we will see Nadal come through with a record amount of RG slams.

acemusic415

HSC
Popular opinion will indicate that Djokovic is the heavy favourite although Nadal is ruthlessly known as the King of Clay. I think that Djokovic is overrated in regards to the French Open and that we will see Nadal come through with a record amount of RG slams.
Completely agree, though I must admit Djokovic is on fire in terms of the slams. At times, it appears that he wont make it (e.g. the Nadal Final and the Murray SF), but he ends up victorious. He will definitely give Nadal a run for his money again if he makes it to the finals of the french.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
First of all, we must see how well the big 4 play in the clay season in other ATP tournaments.

Winning these atp clay tournaments will build up momentum for the French Open.

Predictions:
Djoker vs Fed final - Fed wins
Djoker vs Nad final - Djoker wins
Nadal vs Fed final - Nadal wins

Can Murray win? Maybe if he were against Djoker or Fed.
But no way, if he were against the king of clay.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Mens
Personal Favourite: Federer - I doubt it as he can never seem to win at the French. If not, Djokovic though, Nadal is dubbed the King of Clay for a reason.

Womens
Personal Favourite: Azarenka, Wozniacki and Stosur! The French isn't so consistent in terms of the champion. I hope Schiavone doesn't win again...

I really hope Stosur wins because she is quite skilled on clay courts. Having said that, she's undoubtedly flaky and inconsistent as a player. She dominates the U.S Open, flunks the Australian Tour, pretty much destroys the 2012 Qatar Ladies Open and then flunks quickly in Dubai. It's like wut, seriously? I love her to death though. Aside from her, I've been cheering for Azarenka ever since I saw her during the first round in Apia (Medibank) this year and ever since, she's been on a roll! Lastly, Wozniacki has been declining (not really, but by comparative standards yes). I really want her to achieve at least one slam.
Azarenka is a head case. Stosur is a head case. Wozniacki is going alright in Copenhagen currently and should win her third title in a row there.

Two tips:
- Womens tennis is just too unpredictable - avoid it.
- Avoid Russian/former USSR players (i.e. Dolgopolv - one of the worst cheaters on the tour). Some of the matches are fixed.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Wozniacki lost convincingly to Kerber. Kerber has no chance for Roland Garros though.

acemusic415

HSC
Azarenka is a head case. Stosur is a head case. Wozniacki is going alright in Copenhagen currently and should win her third title in a row there.

Two tips:
- Avoid Russian/former USSR players (i.e. Dolgopolv - one of the worst cheaters on the tour). Some of the matches are fixed.
Of course, but when these ladies are good, in particular, Azarenka and Stosur - they are good. Stosur is definitely inconsistent and flaky, but when her games is on, she hits the nail on the head. Her unforced errors aren't extremely high and her forehand winners are perfect. She really showed how good she is in the French in 2010 as well as the US Open. Her draw was tough in the French and she managed to knock out even the likes of Henin and Williams. So when she's on her game, she a force to be reckoned with.

Azarenka for me is definitely a threat - she's much more mentally stronger and consistent. She won't let little things get to her as much as in previous years and her groundstrokes are formidable. In saying that, when she's not on her game, she barely scaves through in three sets making an unbelievable amount of unforced errors and many forehands that go long.

So determining who will win Roland Garros, I'm not sure. But I have high hopes for Azarenka.

Ryan_T90

HSC

Two tips:
I actually like that it is unpredictable!

I say watch out for Andrea Petkovic at Roland Garros, you heard it here first.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I actually like that it is unpredictable!

I say watch out for Andrea Petkovic at Roland Garros, you heard it here first.
I like unpredictable tournaments as well.

The men's game on the other hand, is wayyyyy tooooo predictable.

carpe_diem

HSC
Mens

Womens

I see what you did there... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)