rftg need help 4 assessment!!! (1 Viewer)

youtheman

hey ive got an assessment coming up its pretty crap and its a speech, here it is: imagine u are talking to year 11s who want to do rtfg. talk about the main concepts underpinning rtfg and discuss ur enthusiasm for it

ok im ok with the enthusiasm part, i can bs that, but does anyone know the main concepts underpinning rtfg? all i can think of is the paradigms (economic, scientific, religious, philo). any help will be greatly appreicated!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
your first post. yay to you!!

secondly, if year 11's asked me about RFTG id tell them to stay the hell away but i suppose that doesn't help you for your assessment does it?

you should talk about the values of the global and local and stuff. check the syllabus extract out :

Module B: Texts and Ways of Thinking
This module requires students to explore and evaluate a selection of texts relating to
a particular historical period. It develops their understanding of the ways in which
scientific, religious, philosophical or economic paradigms have shaped and are
reflected in literature and other texts.
Each elective in this module involves the study of at least two print texts, relating to
a particular historical period, that demonstrate the influence of particular ways of
thinking on literary and other texts. In addition, students explore, analyse and
critically evaluate a range of other texts that reflect these ideas.
Students explore the ways that values are inscribed in particular texts and how they
are reflected by texts. They consider whether and why texts are valued in their own
time. They also consider why and by whom those texts are valued today.
Students develop a range of imaginative, interpretive and analytical compositions,
including some which explore the effects of particular paradigms for a range of
audiences. These compositions may be realised in various forms, modes and media.
Students investigate topics and ideas, engage in independent learning activities and
develop skills in extended composition.

page 89-90 of the English Stage 6 Syllabus.

Elective 3: Retreat from the Global
In the late twentieth century the development towards a global culture has eroded
traditional boundaries of time and space. Through the globalisation of communications,
knowledge has become at once global and local. Choice and circumstance have created a
range of individual responses to this changing reality. Some individuals have embraced it,
other have retreated from it. It has been warily accepted by some while others have
challenged the values of this new global culture.
In this elective students are required to study at least three of the prescribed texts as well
as other texts of their own choosing. In their responding and composing they explore,
analyse, experiment with and critically evaluate their prescribed texts and a range of other
examples relating to this elective. Texts should be drawn from a range of contexts and
media and should reflect the relationships between the global and the local and the
significance of these relationships to the life of the individual and their community.

Page 30 of English Stage 6 Prescriptions 2004-2006

other than that, i suggest that you look at the other threads to grasp a better understanding of RFTG and look at the David Elderidge notes -- he was the bloke that wrote the module, so his notes are actually pretty good funnily enough.

sorry i couldn't be more helpful, i've had a crap day :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)