Research Project (1 Viewer)

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
hmmm...a lot of things. i mean, it's a pretty big project. but this site will probably help.

http://hsc.csu.edu.au/agriculture/project/project_writing/project_writing.htm

my teacher gave us heaps of other handouts for it, but i don't know where he got the from. but basically you should use should site sources all the time, even outside of your review of litereature, like in your intro, synopsis, etc. make sure you choose a good topic, if you haven't already. i did the effect of differing protein levels on japanese quail. if you're interested i can send my project to you to have a look at. biometric analysis is a must (get your maths teacher to help you with that)...and just try and make it kind of lengthy (around 30 pages), but still really scientific. um, that's about all i can think of, but if you have any more specific kind of questions, just ask.

oh, and get started really early, like now. because the final draft is submitted around trials, and it's a bitch to have exams AND this to worry about. i'd recomend devoting about two to three hours on the weekend getting the write up and the experiment all organised, and then starting if you haven't already.

is this the first time hurlstone has allowed kids to do the research project? because i was talking to a friend there and she said that you guys didn't do it this year, you did the three hour exam. are you a boarder?

Last edited:

Jaydels

HSC
no i'm not a boarder
we have the option of doing either the research assignment or the option topic plus exam, and its not the first time hurlstone has done it. Apparently it was compulsory when extension ag was offered as course.
Anyway, I don't really have any great ideas, i was just considering it. I was thinking it might take a bit of pressure off when it comes to exam time, but then again it's probably easier to revise stuff than to write up a massive report on a trial. Do you have any suggestions?

thanks

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
if i was you, i'd do the research project. BUT there's bias there, cause i did it. and i think you also need a good teacher who knows what they're doing and that's willing to offer a lot of help. like if he/she's going to be pre-occupied with teaching the electives, than do the electives. it definately takes the pressure off for the hsc though. especially that last exam (ag's normally one of the last) because at that satge, you so don't feel like studying, so it's good to decrease the workload a little bit.

um that's about all i can think of. but if you have anything more specific, just ask.
oh, and did you look at that site?

Jaydels

HSC
Thanks heaps for your help...I'll definitely put some thought into it. I looked at the website, it looks pretty helpful. I'll probably have a better look on the weekend because my assessments are over now.
My teacher is really helpful, he said he is willing to provide equipment and resources (provided they are available) and will help however he can.
Thanks again.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)