Repeating quotes? (1 Viewer)

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
would the markers deduct marks if i repeat a quote in my essay further on to make a different point? do you think they would notice?

fliick

HSC
N/A
I find it's powerful in re-inforcing your point. As long as it effectively backs up your main thesis, flog it around as often as you flog out the main thesis.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yes, they'd notice. If your using a decent text, you should be able to find a different quote for each point. It's definitely true of the perscribed texts, so if you can't do it with a related text, then its not a good one.Basically, repeating quotes does not enforce your argument. You need to flesh out your response with futhur proof.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Yes, they'd notice. If your using a decent text, you should be able to find a different quote for each point. It's definitely true of the perscribed texts, so if you can't do it with a related text, then its not a good one.Basically, repeating quotes does not enforce your argument. You need to flesh out your response with futhur proof.
Thought so. Thanks!
I really should have read my prescribed texts.... :ninja:

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
i repeated my quotes. but i planned to do that. i explained a quote in one of my core paragraphs, then in my related texts one, i said something was similar to the core poem repeated a quote i used before. something like...the guys in dis pic "sought each other out instinctively" like the migrants in Migrant hostel, when i used that quote in my migrant hostel paragraph...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)