Relationship between the structure and the behaviour of chromosomes during meiosis (1 Viewer)

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
Hey could anyone please explain to me the relationship between the structure and the behaviour of chromosomes during meiosis.

omniscience

HSC
N/A
Re: Relationship between the structure and the behaviour of chromosomes during meiosi

Hey could anyone please explain to me the relationship between the structure and the behaviour of chromosomes during meiosis.
relationship is very strong between structure and the behaviour of chromosomes, it has been going on for the last millions of years.

it seems to me that it's very unlikely for them to break up, sorry dude.

christoffpow

HSC
Re: Relationship between the structure and the behaviour of chromosomes during meiosi

Ok let me think.

Relationship between the structure and behavior of chromosomes during meiosis AND the inheritance of genes is the syllabus point..

There are two relationships i can see between chromosome behavior/structure and gene inheritance.

First.
- Chromosomes are made of DNA. Genes are coded within DNA. Therefore when the chromosomes replicate during meiosis so does the genes.

Second.
- Crossing over of chromosomes is when segments of chromosomes are exchanged, and therefore, genes are exchanged as well. This brings about new combinations of genes on each chromosome; therefore this behavior of chromosomes during meiosis has a direct relationship with the inheritance of genes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)