Related that does not have similar themes as prescribes - Will I lose marks? (1 Viewer)

yeomnhawk

HSC
So right now I am using a related text that does not have many distinctively visual elements but has very similar themes to my prescribed text The Shoe Horn Sonata. I really want to change to other texts that can be analysed to a much greater extent but don't have similar themes to the Shoe Horn Sonata.

Really my question is "Will I lose a lot of marks for analysing a related text that doesn't have related themes to my prescribed?"

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
At the end of the day, it is all about answering the question, if this module is thematic as well as technique focused, then you could find it easier to answer better if you had a text with similar thematic concerns. And it is hard to quantify what you mean by 'a lot of marks'-at the end of the day, if you can tweak everything to answering the question well, you will get a good mark.

Raiz

HSC
R u feeling ok? How is the text a related text if the themes and/or ideas are not related to the core/prescribed??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)