Related Texts for After The Bomb (1 Viewer)

mkat

HSC
Hi,

I have a fifteen minute oral presentation on 'ways of thinking' and 'theoretical concepts in relation to 'After the Bomb'' due in a few weeks, and i need to incorporate at least one related text. At the moment I have none and I'm a bit concerned, although I was thinking that I could use Fahrenheit 451? I studied it in prelim advanced, and I'm fairly sure it's not a prescribed text (mine are Hiroshima, Waiting for Godot and The Spy Who Came in From the Cold).

Any advice/opinions would be really appreciated :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to make sure that whatever related text that you select, it has a strong conceptual connection to the paradigms of after the bomb, to your question and that you can make strong connections between your prescribed and related text. I think there are many other possible related text that might possibly work well including Kubrick's Dr Strangelove, Kurt Vonnegut's novels, Ray Bradbury's short stories, both the novel and film, 'on the beach' can also possibly work quite well...

My top tips for a brilliant oral presentation:)
1)make sure you have a consistent background or formatting-don't try to use different backgrounds for each slide and don't try to have different fonts for each slide-you can have variation on your transitions, but don't make it too diverse-otherwise people will get dizzy watching your presentation
2)make sure you have less text on the screen than you talk about in your speech-your screen should be an outline of your points-you are not supposed to put a speech transcript-but exceptions are when you put extract from philosopher-and you can talk about different parts of it in your speech
3) make sure you have a catchy opening and conclusion-better if they link-perhaps consider a long quote from the philosopher you are using that relates to the ways of thinking of after the bomb-so that you can have the first part at the start of your presentation and last part at the end...just an idea
4)remember to have pictures whenever possible-keep the audience engaged-whether it is clip art or actual pictures related to after the bomb...
5)make sure there is a strong contrast between your text colour and background so it is easy to read-also make sure you don't have curly text-far too difficult to read

Check out my three stickied threads for After the Bomb in this forum-texts and ways of thinking-if you haven't already-it will enable you to develop a deeper understanding of the module and hopefully help you to ace this presentation:) Best wishes for this upcoming assessment:)

mkat

HSC
Thanks so much, that is a big help! My teacher suggested investigating Albert Camus and existentialism as a reference point as well as my related texts, so that will be the next thing i look up.

Your other threads were/are very useful and I keep referring back to them haha, thanks for putting such valuable information up :) Really appreciate your help! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)