Related text Question....Pls Help (1 Viewer)

Tammie

For my related texts for inner journeys i studied a series of novels..there were 3. And they all follow the inner journey of one particular character. My question is because they are a seriees and three books would i need another related text? Im asking coz on some past exams for changes it states related texts and im not sure if this is a good idea. Or would i be better of using the first novel and a poem???

Please reply with any opinions im really not sure Thanx

HSC
N/A
I think you could use the books, so long as there is something different about each one. I'm guessing that the protagonist grows during the course of the books, which is a good thing to talk about. And then there's the notion of never-ending journeys - ie the end of the first book is the end of a "journey" but it also starts another one that is continued/expanded upon in the second book, and so forth. New things learnt at each level, right? And after all - My Place (Prescribed Text) is also a collection of autobiographies encased in the one cover. There can be multiple journeys within one book, and multiple books for a journey? Not sure about the last bit, but it sounds good.

However if all the books are the same (highly unlikely, but if you think they are very very similar) then I'd do another text in addition to your three related. Three is a big chunk though, are you sure you're going to be able to get through them all? Are you able to pick the best one, and just have fleeting references to the others?

Tammie

Thanks heaps im going to use one of the books and make short references to the others if needed and use a poem. I think it'll be easier and then i'll have a range of different texts thanx

31337 m4573|2

nil

if the use of the novels will give you a good answer, then you shouldnt worry about it. but keep in mind markers are looking for multiple text types. using 3 novel texts could possibly threaten marks. but no one can stop you, if it is your choice to use the novels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)