Related Text Help Eng Ext PLZ! (1 Viewer)

PaigeyDee

HSC
its navigating the global. its supposed to show local and global values
Are Erin brokovish and the castle any good as related texts?
Can anyone suggest others?

Zephyrio

HSC
Do not use The Castle. It was previously a prescribed text in the Retreat from the Global module. I'd hazard to guess that it was pulled off because too many kids were analysing it in too much of a simplistic manner. One of the objectives of the extension course is to promote independent research and the selection of original supplementary material. As The Castle does not fill either requirements, markers may feel as if you are "douple dipping".

Erin Brockovic would be a good text; the ones I used were Tim Winton's Time and Tide (feature article) and The Rabbits, a picture book by Shaun Tan and John Marsden. If you would like to look at an essay I wrote that received 25/25 before my HSC, please PM me!

Last edited:

harris-k

HSC
"The dish" the 2000 movie directed by rob sitch is much better than the castle.
Can relate to the changing technologies, changing attitudes, beginning of australia's americanisation, juxtaposition of small town people to the huge global event.

legendfunk

HSC
I was recommended to look into Indian literature and film from my teacher for related texts, seeing as they were colonised and are a fast-growing country.

"The dish" the 2000 movie directed by rob sitch is much better than the castle.
Can relate to the changing technologies, changing attitudes, beginning of australia's americanisation, juxtaposition of small town people to the huge global event.
The same Rob Sitch as Mike Moore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)