Regarding Illness/Misadventure. (1 Viewer)

doublel

HSC
I've been sick for the last two days with a heavy fever, cold & flu symptoms etc. and I have my legal exam today at 1:50. Could anyone recommend the best course of action? I have not much of a understanding of the system. It's not that much of a serious illness but I have been bed-ridden unable to study (haven't started yet) and can't even imagine having to sit a 3-hour exam like this. So my question is if an illness/misadventure is even possible for these basic symptoms? If so, where would my HSC mark for the exam come from, because from what I was told it comes from your trail mark which i preformed horribly. So then would it be best to just accept the disadvantage and just take the gamble of achieving a better mark than my trails?

Help would be really appreciated.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Honestly you are screwed...
But from what I heard, it will really depend on your rank at school and how your school performs if you don't attend it due to these medical conditions. If your cohort performs pretty well overall, then you will get a relatively good mark. But other thing I heard, is that if you apply for misadventure, the universities will take into account that you had problems where they will give you consideration, during the offer rounds conducted by the UAC.
I might be wrong to some extent, but overall it's better if you attend the exam anyway.

HSC
Yeah

i recommend to just give the legal exam a shot

Study hard now we know that your feeling sick and your performance is not as good, but you can talk to the supervisor after the exam about it, and then follow his instructions.

studybot

HSC
I actually fell sick during my Business Studies exam and the supervisor was really kind, he suggested that he could mention I fell sick during the examination (misadventure) and hand off what I was able to do. So, perhaps it's best you attend and talk to the supervisor. I got sick during the examination (Yeah.. my luck) but I think it's better to warn them beforehand about your fever/flu/cold, they'll look out for you, I had the option to take a small break, get a drink or hand in what I could/w misadventure. Not much you can do unfortunately :I

Last edited:

doublel

HSC
Thanks for the reply guys, have inspired me to sit the exam. Unfortunate turn of events but as you said not much I can do other than try my best. I'm feeling a tad better but still skeptical about if i'd be able to sit the entire 3 hours, so how would I go about notifying the supervisors? If I were to sit the exam until i lapsed out, would whatever I had completed be accounted for as my exam mark or will they count this as an illness/misadventure?

molecule

HSC
You should notify the supervisors & principle before you sit the exam so they are aware. I would still apply for misadventure as the worst they can do is not accept it, and you are if able to get a medical certificate after the exam (but still on the day) then your appeal may be upheld. If they accept your misadventure, they do not automatically give you your trial mark, they look to give you the best possible mark. So if you do better externally anyway, you will still keep that mark. Goodluck :)

studybot

HSC
Thanks for the reply guys, have inspired me to sit the exam. Unfortunate turn of events but as you said not much I can do other than try my best. I'm feeling a tad better but still skeptical about if i'd be able to sit the entire 3 hours, so how would I go about notifying the supervisors? If I were to sit the exam until i lapsed out, would whatever I had completed be accounted for as my exam mark or will they count this as an illness/misadventure?
Well, I was told I could hand in what I was able to in the examination (regardless if I finished or not) and apply for the misadventure for extra consideration to why I couldn't finish or lacked (illness related). I think it'll be accounted for, I could be wrong but from what I was told, I think so.

Good to know you're feeling a bit better, just do what you can. Gl!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)