Reasons for keeping this subject (1 Viewer)

Chang

HSC
Im in year 11 and for next yr i wanna do 12 units the problem is i hate this subject but i wanna gain a certificate II in IT. Who else had faced this problem in the past?

Also theres one more reason... the guy from the liquor shop doesnt check for ID when im out of school uniform :D

del

HSC
N/A
yeah I had a similar situation last year... IT just totally bored me to bits that I didn't like it

I'm guessing your doing more than 12 units at the moment?

The certificate i reckon is only useful if you plan on going to TAFE instead of uni. Alone cert II doesn't mean that much.

Lizzie

Im in Yr 12 and wanted 2 keep 12 units...
I kept IT becoz we dont get homework from it and all the assessments are inclass so it doesnt take up any study time at all. So I kept it incase i find a TAFE course i would ratha do instead of UNI or if i dont get in the uni course i wanted. Cert II gives you advanced standing in any TAFE course! also if u totally stuff up one subject u sorta hav IT 2 fall bak on. But IT is crap coz there are no text books atm .... but in Sept 2003 a Excel or is it Heinmann? but they r releasing a text book FINALLY! Just think, will u use the study time of having that free period?

Alexander

Gold Member
lol. I know exactly what lizzie means. I dont like IT much but my parents are paying through the nose for it because you pay if ur not public school.
We have a heaps nice teacher though, and i get a fair bit of it, but when i dont get it i freak out cause its so hard to find any other stuff on it. You have to have a real good general knowledge (which i dont have) The first thing they told us at tafe was "we used to hand out loads and loads of sheets, but some students lost them, so we dont hand out any at all" WHADAA???
i only work from those stupid assesments and try to mimic what i do at tafe on my own pc....
I just did it for the cert. shows you know soething about IT, good in careers, and marks are OK for it ----but UAI is a worry

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
hmm... well IT is one of the only subs i got goin good for me... and its a total bludge.. keep it and if u dont feel comfortable in your knowledge... u dont havta sit the exam at the end... unless ur like me and ur stuffed with 11 units lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)