Ray! (1 Viewer)

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
hey,

has anyone seen this movie yet?
i saw it last week. DAMN its good, Jamie Foxx is AMAZING as Ray Charlies... really realyl convincing... its a great film, really good music, and a really good look into Ray Charles's life...

one of my fav movies, really very good :)
i suggest it to all.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Yes i did and it was 200 times better than i was expected it dealed with everything perfectly, not just worryin about his music but also his relations (with other women of colour) and his junk habit and weanin himself off it. It was rather poignant him dying just before its release.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
yea it was really good.
showed all aspects of his live. its sad that he didn't get to see it tho :(
he did, apparantly... i heard he approved of the movie before he died :)

anyway, jamie foxx's acting was absolutely brilliant, his resemblance to ray charles was amazing (in the way he moved and presented himself)... as for the actual movie, it was ok, though a bit repetitive and it could've been shorter. oh, and...

in real life, ray actually did try to pull his brother out of the tub, but he was too weak, so he went running to his mum. they changed it in the movie, probably to enhance the whole guilt thing...

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
thats interesting Bubz :D

i had heard that he worked with the dirrector on the film, helped Jamie Foxx look and act like him kinda thing, but i wasn't aware that he actually saw the finished film... but wait, how could he have seen it anyway??

I bought the soundtrack the other day, and there is a paragraph about Ray Charlies meeting Jamie Foxx, and how Ray approved of Jamie as a choice for playing himself :) its interesting

Stan..

HSC
Very good movie, one of the better ones to come out this summer. Jamie Foxx's portrayal of Ray Charles is next to perfect.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I loved it, I thought it was awesome...

and apparantly Jamie Foxx played ALL the piano, no doubling in the movie. Amazing!

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Just by reading all your posts, I so wanna see this movie now!!!

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
My mum said it was very good. Would I like it despite the fact that his music does absolutely nothing for me?

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
his raylettes were a very bitchy mob, but other than his money i would never want 2 shag an old, black, blind due, man thatd be a yuge mistake.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Jamie Foxx had his eyes covered for the filming of Ray, he was completely blacked out. Method acting aye? Jamie Foxx is so underrated, he's a really good singer as well as a solid actor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)