Rank Vs Exam Mark (1 Viewer)

Static

HSC
(Say for example in a class of 30)

if i'm cuming 2,3,4,5th,6th etc etc etc and i get the TOP exam mark, dude whos first gets my exam mark as his assessment mark, his exam mark as his exam mark, and i get my exam mark and an assessement mark relative to my rank, class mean bla blah?

wat if i'm rank 30th? and i get rank 1 or 2 in exam mark.... do i still get the assessment mark of the guy who stuffed up his exam?

or because i did so well i'll get middle of the range?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i know in our half yearlys one of the girls who topped everything, but came third in the half yearly got third on her report card, coz we aren't meant to know our final assessment/rank marks for the school

Affinity

HSC
according to what I know, you have the right to know your rank

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Static

wat if i'm rank 30th? and i get rank 1 or 2 in exam mark.... do i still get the assessment mark of the guy who stuffed up his exam?

or because i did so well i'll get middle of the range?
yeah because ur assessment mark would have (supposedly) been around the guy who was ranked 30th's exam mark - because ur assess would have been ranked 30th. thats y u have 2 go well in both assessments and the exams. however, remember it also depends on relative difference between each other and blah blah. well thats how i understand it

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Mmm, iambored is right - don't forget that your exam mark is averaged with your moderated assessment mark, so the final mark will actually come out being around the middle.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
You know how the person coming first will get the highest exam mark as their moderated assessment mark? Well what about the person coming last? Do they get the lowest exam mark as their moderated assessment mark?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
but how is it possible for someone to come 30 out of 30 in their school suddenly get the highest mark beating everyone else??

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
Well what about the person coming last? Do they get the lowest exam mark as their moderated assessment mark?
Usually, but not always.

Static

HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
but how is it possible for someone to come 30 out of 30 in their school suddenly get the highest mark beating everyone else??
hmm, well theres alot of smart lazy people, who for what ever reason dont work to half their potential... but hey if they're smart they would/should be studying, whereas the rest of the class is working their arses off all year. Anyways, its a hypothetical question, but nothing is impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)