Radiography OR Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

mb94

HSC
Really having trouble deciding which course to do at uni. I initially had my mind on pharmacy but after reading the job prospects of it, I think I'll steer away from it. After looking at the UAC guide, I'm interested in either physio or radiography both a usyd. Which one do you think would be better to do in terms of job prospects, salary, etc.

gapathetic

HSC
I don't know about radiography but i would recommend AGAINST usyd physio. They used to say on those information booklets you get from info day that a physio degree guarantees employment after you graduate (dont know if they still advertise that) but it is a lie. It is not guranteed. In 4th year after you finish, you get placed in a 'lottery' and only a selected few get allocated a position in a hospital with a 1 year contract. After that, if there arent any open positions in the hospital (which you have to re-apply for, with interviews etc), you just have to go look for your own job like any other degree.

ALSO, what they don't tell you until you're in 3rd year is that if you fail 2 clinical placements (pretty easy to fail because your mentor marks you and its all practical based), they kick you out of the course. So you end up either having to transfer to the bachelor of health science and do another year to graduate with that or just apply to a different course/uni which might not accept you because you've been refused enrolment before.

physio

HSC
N/A
Hey Guys,

Im selling near new textbooks for year one Physio, Ex.Sp.Sc., and Health Science. at USYD.
I designed a quick website for ease.

http://usyd.weebly.com/

The prices are ALOT CHEAPER than in the book shop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)