radiation/polypeptide synthesis (1 Viewer)

luckyduck

heys ppl!

questions
1. In blueprint oof life, in dot pts 4 "discuss evidence for mutagenic nature of radiation" in the heinemann book (pg 310 ) ther is a part about the mutation of radiation but also "chemical" but this dot pt only asks for radiation .. do we need to know the "chemicals" one?.. if so, would anyone know whih dot pt it goes under?

2. also page 312 (heimann) "the chernobyl disaster" what dot pt is that?.. do we need to know that?

and

3. another question on blue print of life.. dot pts in part 4,
" perform a first hand........ develop a simple model for polypeptide synthesis"
is polypeptide synthesis same as protein synthesis?? because the ecel book (pg 44-45) has protein synthesis not polypeptide? argh! so do i need to know it??

thanks heaps if you guys can help me

Rowena

for your 2nd question, the stuff on the chernobyl disaster is an example of the mutagenic nature of radiation, if you think u need an example then use it

get.regime

You only need to understand evidence for the mutagenic nature of radiation. Probably best to know that chemicals are mutagens though.

Chenoyble disaster is an example of evidence re. the mutagenic nature of radiation, so are the atomic bombs on Japan, and the earlier radiation scientists all dying etc. They are basically examples you'll need to discuss evidence.

Same thing (I've always beleived it was anyway) as peptides are bonded together (polypeptides) to make genes which code for proteins.

nesstar

a polypeptide is a type of protein...it just refers to its chemical structure (peptide linkages forming a polymer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
for the mutangenic nature of radiation: most first generation radiotherapist developed cancer, most technicians in contact with x-ray developed cancer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)