Questions were too broad (1 Viewer)

fleetingdreams

the questions were too broad...u really don't know wat ur supposed to write.....so it was a shit exam!!
also da option question (btw i do communication)
godd....da option questions were so shit especially the last question.....

mariah

I agree

Wat da hell was dat?... for communication DAMN it wasn't good...anyways can't blame it didnt study last option much..:( still ....I HATD questions! :mad1: :mad: :eek: :eek:

silent bob

i did communication as the option at skool, but i looked at the genetics - the code unbroken and almost laughed my ass off. compare the 7 mark question in genetics to the 7 mark question in communication. "Selective Breeding is different to genetic cloning but both proesses may change the genetic nature of a species". That was the 7 mark question, i mean come on, I, Who did com. in the end chose to do the genetics one cos i knew i could get at least 6 where as that electrochemicals question stumped me. I think thats unfair. If your goin to set different questions, at least make them of the same difficulty. I said it after the english exam (cicada poem) I'll say it now. B.o.S is a fuckin joke.

ThA MaN2

:chainsaw: are u stupid?? u do realise that u wrote the answer for the wrong option that u were studying.....and that ppl who have studied it, probably would have written and wopuld have had ALOT of information......plus i totaly agree wif the exam being to broad....they seemed to ask the questions that we really didnt need to kno about....there was hardly any or no DNA or Darwins natural selection....i agree, it was a shit examm.........

silent bob

Originally posted by ThA MaN2
:chainsaw: are u stupid?? u do realise that u wrote the answer for the wrong option that u were studying.....and that ppl who have studied it, probably would have written and wopuld have had ALOT of information......plus i totaly agree wif the exam being to broad....they seemed to ask the questions that we really didnt need to kno about....there was hardly any or no DNA or Darwins natural selection....i agree, it was a shit examm.........
well let me put it this way....1/2 a mark for mentioning rods, cones, and the optic nerve......or at least 2 marks for defining what both were (selective breeding, genetic cloning), pointing out similarities and differences and their effects on a species.....so i guess the answer is no...i'm not

--insomniac--

I think it was unwise to tackle the option you hadn't done. People in my school wrote 3-8 pages on that 7 mark question. I dont see how you could have described gene cloning without knowing anything about it because its to do with recombinant DNA technology. You might have been better off to do your own option, get the first few marks and lose only a few on the last question.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Nope Bob, if you were more comfortable with the other options, i think you were very clever to do it. I did that in history, i was scared shitless, but really i would have gone better with the one i did.

Anyway, the bio exam was not so fun. I thought i was going to be able to get the whole way through Bio with out ever understanding meiosis, but that plan did work so well.

The prac was shit. Anyone who hadnt revised that could have made it up, 'we loked through a microscope...' I think it was a stupid thing to assess. I also think the questions were too specific (ie 6 marks about phloem) and there was not a good variety taken from the whole syllabus, whihc goes to show that 1. the syllabus is too broad and 2. the BoS is evil.

That said, i liked the Kosh/Pasture bit and it was 8 marks.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
much too off the track and broad, i think the BoS need to look at the syllabus as closely as we do, coz some of that stuf was no where to be seen on the syllabus. having said that, if you knew all that tell me it woulda taken you 3 hours. i completed every question in an hour and a quarter... although my answers were shabby, if i had have known them all theres no way it was a three hour exam paper... but i hate bio and its over so WHO CARES!!! :headbang:

Lobster

well i found that 3 hours was a bit long in the trial exam and on the advice of one of my peers i took this into consideration for the HSC and instead of trying to spit out all the questions relatively quickly i took the extra time i knew i would have to plan each and every question so that i didn't write half a question realise it was crap and scribble it out and start again (which i only did a couple of times :) )

well i suppose its too late for advice - just do the same thing for another 3 hour test (other than an essay test)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Did anyone here do the human story? That culture question was so weird. I wrote half of my essay (yes I did write an essay for a science question, something I never thought would happen) before I remebered what culture in biological terms was. And I just want to say that the question on the poem really freaked me out when I first saw it. I saw a poem, the word paradox and the word technique. I totally freaked out and thought I was back in english :eek: Took me a while to calm down again. English in biology, thats just wrong.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I know what you mean. My teacher knows me really well (his my uncle) and knows that i am a big english person, so he has been coaching me all year on writing more scientifically and not so englishy and then we get those type of questions, specially the human story one.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
im not game to go see my bio teacher... she'll probably ask me what i though of the paper! how scarey... i know i prolly didnt pass but i dont wanna tell her that

nice lady... but boring as batshit...

Nusrat

nah man, if ur not specific or haven't written the particular word they're after, they don't bother reading ur response.....i did human story as my option and it sucked

liet

silent bob: did you do all of communication and then the last of code broken cause if you did then your a moron. the last q. is worth 7 so if you did well you could prob get about 20 in the option if you did alright, 15 if you did average, but in the code broken you prob wouldnt have gotten over 10 if you were lucky

bottom line: you are stupid

Jenn

i did Human Story as well
the option wasnt that great....
the 7 mark question was cool....
but i forgot what lEaky and them did. kinda made it up [:p]

8 marks for a RBC prac, unbelievable.. couldnt even DRAW it properly..

Koch and Pasteur was cool though... [:)]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)