questionnaire for males/females with acne (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammi176

My PIP is a look into the social and emotional effect acne plays upon self-esteem and the ability to feel confident in your own skin. Self-esteem takes into account a person’s self-image, body image, attractiveness and the way they fit in with their peers.
My name is Samantha Adlard and I am currently completing Year 12. I have structured this questionnaire as part of a Personal Interest Project for a subject called Society and Culture. The information that you provide me with will contribute towards the primary research that I am required to complete as part of the project, allowing me to turn the data that I obtain into measurable statistics.

 Identity will remain confidential.

What is your gender? (Please circle)
Male Female

Age _____ Nationality _______________

Religion _______________ Suburb/City _______________

1. Do you believe having acne is associated with being dirty and unclean? (Please circle)

Yes No

2. Have you ever had a negative experience as a result of your acne? (Please circle)
Yes No

3. Please describe a situation where you have experienced discrimination because of your acne.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4. How did this make you feel? Why?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5. Are you likely to face limitations in your life due to your acne? (Please circle)
Yes No

6. If yes, what limitations would this include?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7. Please indicate how you feel (strongly agree agree unsure disgaree or strongly disagree) about the following statements.
a)My acne will last a short time
b)My acne is likely to be permanent rather than temporary
c)My acne will last for a long time
d)My acne will pass quickly
e)I expect to have this acne for the rest of my life
f)My acne is a serious condition
g)My acne has major consequences in my life
h)My acne does not have much effect on my life
i)My acne strongly effects the way others see me

8. What comments have been made about your acne?

9. How do you deal with the comments said about your acne?

10. How does having acne make you feel?

a)As a result of having acne, have you been aggressive, frustrated or embarrassed? (all the time, alot, a little, not at all)

b)Do you think that having acne has at all interfered with your daily social life, social events or relationships with members of the opposite sex? (affecting all activities, moderately in activities, occasionally, not at all)

c)How would you describe your feelings about your acne over the last month? (the worst it could ever be, a major problem, a minor problem, not at all a problem)

sammi176

plz take my questionnaire about acne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PIP is a look into the social and emotional effect acne plays upon self-esteem and the ability to feel confident in your own skin. Self-esteem takes into account a person’s self-image, body image, attractiveness and the way they fit in with their peers.
My name is Samantha Adlard and I am currently completing Year 12. I have structured this questionnaire as part of a Personal Interest Project for a subject called Society and Culture. The information that you provide me with will contribute towards the primary research that I am required to complete as part of the project, allowing me to turn the data that I obtain into measurable statistics.

 Identity will remain confidential.

Male Female

Age _____ Nationality _______________

Religion _______________ Suburb/City _______________

1. Do you believe having acne is associated with being dirty and unclean? (Please circle)

Yes No

2. Have you ever had a negative experience as a result of your acne? (Please circle)
Yes No

3. Please describe a situation where you have experienced discrimination because of your acne.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

4. How did this make you feel? Why?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

5. Are you likely to face limitations in your life due to your acne? (Please circle)
Yes No

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

7. Please indicate how you feel (strongly agree agree unsure disgaree or strongly disagree) about the following statements.
a)My acne will last a short time
b)My acne is likely to be permanent rather than temporary
c)My acne will last for a long time
d)My acne will pass quickly
e)I expect to have this acne for the rest of my life
f)My acne is a serious condition
g)My acne has major consequences in my life
h)My acne does not have much effect on my life
i)My acne strongly effects the way others see me

a)As a result of having acne, have you been aggressive, frustrated or embarrassed? (all the time, alot, a little, not at all)

b)Do you think that having acne has at all interfered with your daily social life, social events or relationships with members of the opposite sex? (affecting all activities, moderately in activities, occasionally, not at all)

c)How would you describe your feelings about your acne over the last month? (the worst it could ever be, a major problem, a minor problem, not at all a problem)

sammi176

Its not really a vital aspect of the questionnaire but I was decididng whether I should worry abotu nationality or not so I just put it in to see the variety of difference between responses.

Kulazzi

HSC
soha: for an increased cross cultural comparison, other than the researcher.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i know its not a big deal at all
and its interesting to know what natios and religons and stuff ppl are
but observing an atheist and a christian who have acne..?
its kinda irrelavent..i just found it strange
maybe there was somethign to it..thats all

Kulazzi

HSC
eg, The atheist may find not have received any negative discrimination but the christian may have. Now, that is a very crap example :p , but it's just to show the different views everyone has

shagz_04

Hope this helps your research!

Female

Age __19___ Nationality ______Australian_________

Religion _______none________ Suburb/City ______Cobar_________

Yes

Yes, sort of - i feel like i cant do something i wanted to do because everyone will notice it!

No discrimination

4. How did this make you feel? Why? N/A

yes

Ones I put on myself in social situations- i feel like i don’t want to face ppl

a)My acne will last a short time disagree
b)My acne is likely to be permanent rather than temporary agree
c)My acne will last for a long time agree
d)My acne will pass quickly disagree
e)I expect to have this acne for the rest of my life agree
f)My acne is a serious condition disagree
g)My acne has major consequences in my life disagree
h)My acne does not have much effect on my life disagree
i)My acne strongly effects the way others see me disagree

That i whinge about it too much, when there’s nothing really there to see - i dont get it very often, but i get really big pimples in noticeable places occasionally

Just get over it, and try to cover it up as best i can

Dirty actually – it feels like i haven’t washed my face and am dirty and oily! – makes me feel yuk!

11. a) As a result of having acne, have you been aggressive, frustrated or embarrassed? (all the time, alot, a little, not at all) embarrassed a little

b)Do you think that having acne has at all interfered with your daily social life, social events or relationships with members of the opposite sex? (affecting all activities, moderately in activities, occasionally, not at all) yes, but only moderately-i wont go out if its really bad, but i dont go out very often any way. My boyfriend doesnt say anything about it which makes me feel better about myself

c)How would you describe your feelings about your acne over the last month? (the worst it could ever be, a major problem, a minor problem, not at all a problem) minor problem – my tablets seem to work which is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)