Just a question..
im currently doing the follwoing subjects atm

adv english
economic
biz studies
IPT
Physics
General Maths

im aiming for a decent uai that would get me into uni.The problem is general maths. I heard u can take a bridging course in maths if u dont have the assumed knowledge right? does this even count for the general course?
also interested in anyone in the same situation thx ;)

Jin-17

Originally posted by jokesjokes
Just a question..
im currently doing the follwoing subjects atm

adv english
economic
biz studies
IPT
Physics
General Maths

im aiming for a decent uai that would get me into uni.The problem is general maths. I heard u can take a bridging course in maths if u dont have the assumed knowledge right? does this even count for the general course?
also interested in anyone in the same situation thx ;)
Yes, u can do bridging course in uni excpet it will cost u. I know what u mean, I use to do 2 unit maths (maybe even 3), but I dropped to general, so that I could spend some more time on my other subjects, I wouldn't worry about the technical aspect such as the scaling, and suchlike, beacuse the end UAI is what u want isn't it? I say do one problem at a time and it should be the target UAI. Nice choice on business and eco, as I did both of them as well, and u will enjoy it as they tend to relate to one another in some aspect, such as globalisation which is topic 1 for eco and topic 5 for business. i know this probalay woudln't help u much, but what course are u trying to do? I hope its not anything like chemical engenerring.

jokesjokes

HSC
yup..i was actually supposed to be doing 2 unit..but acutally i bludged year10 maths and got some shocking results, so the teacher wouldnt let me in..:(
stupid thing is that i shouldnt be doing general, its piss easy and all the stuff we are doing now , i have done in year 9 advanced/ 10

anyway..im looking towards a biz/eco/tech area course..still unsure yet, got a whole year to go ;)

and u said it will cost me if a do a bridging course? as in finanical terms?

Jin-17

I cant help u there, but ask your career's teacher or ring up the uni or go to their website. But it wouldn't cost a whole bankbill I am sure. As for me I may have to do a bridging course for next year in uni, but people told me its like a holiday camp sort of thing. Its a good thing u were not hoping to do something like engerining, as it requires a very high level maths, but I dont think it should be a problem, since, u are doing an business/eco/tech course, By the way are u going to branch out into the fiancial business or eco course?

jokesjokes

HSC
really have no-idea what course i wanna do..depends on my target UAI i guess..hoping for a mid to high 80's, just worried about the scaling

just wondering what subjects did u do?
eco, biz, gen maths and?

Jin-17

I did advance english
ext english
eco
business
gen maths
Biology

As for me I am like u as well, in that I am really in the dark, and depending on what UAI i get, i dont really know what course I may go into. Of course my primary goal is UTS in chinese herbal and acputure, but at the moment due to the demand and supply and the UAI I doubt I get into it first year, so I have to do another course such as the lower UAI eco or commerce course which should help me get the marks required to transfer. Like u said u have a whole year to decide, so dont stress about it for now, and try to get the best possible marks as your gateway is much enlarged with a higher UAI and not limited. Take for example my friend who for the last 4 years said he wanted to do law, but just like a month ago refuesed nd did not want to do anything to do with law. But people have their own reasons, and I wouldn't press him about it.

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
i would let the cost of a bridging course stop you dropping general maths. afterall general maths isn't ever assumed knowledge so if you're going into a maths base uni course you'll need to do a bridging course whether or not you drop general

Jin-17

by the way, I woulnt worry about scaling with the subject u chose. In that last year eco was number 1 in the social science, business was number 2, phsyics is king stuff, and ect. Its only the maths I guess, but if u do well, in the other stuff which I should say is hard subjects u should have no problem. Also, meeeee is right, dont be picky about the cost aspect, as it is really no deal and just cut into your schoolies time and stuff at the end thats all.:D

jokesjokes

HSC
nah, money isnt a issue about the bridging course..was just wondering
anyway, thx for the input guys , appreciate it

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
This is like my exact problem in my other thread
the threads are right beside each other on the main page
they both start with the word "Question"

freeeeaky
unless you copied off me :p

so yes, I am in the same situation

Deciding wether to drop gen. maths, and if i do, what bridging courses are about, but mainly dropping maths cos it aint gonna help me in the UAI i guess

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
but if you think you can handle the extra couple of units and ur finding it easy, doing well, not taking up too much time etc. it would be wise to hold onto it
it's ur best 10 units that are counted and it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of extra up your sleeve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)