Question to anyone who has completed first year in BSci or BAdvSci (Neuroscience) (1 Viewer)

Darius1

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

The USyd website isn't very clear on this so I thought I'd ask here. I'm a first year BSci student at another uni looking to transfer into second year of the neuroscience major at USyd.

Given that my current uni doesn't have a neuroscience major, I need to know what units were core for you guys in first year so I can try to find corresponding units in order to have them be accepted for prior learning credit and hopefully be admitted into second year.

For semester one, I took a general chemistry unit, an intro cognitive neuroscience unit, intro statistics and intro biology.
For the upcoming semester, I'll be taking an applied stats unit, organic chemistry, intro psychology and an intro genetics unit, but I'm open to suggestions to change any of those in order to enroll in what I'd need to.

Any relevant advice is appreciated.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
http://sydney.edu.au/handbooks/science/units_of_study/table1_neuroscience.shtml

The prerequisites for each of the units on that list should give you an idea of what subjects they would have expected you to study beforehand.

The choices of units for the neuroscience major are quite diverse, as you can see. On a precursory look I'd imagine you would not have too many problems finding units from that list that you would be able to do.

Darius1

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)