Question on Antibiotics (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi ppl,

just wanted to know what did u write for the question: why is there a need to take complete dose of antibiotics?

lolly_161

well i put that even though the symptoms have gone...does not necessarily mean the pathogen is dead..... it may not be completely killed or destroyed or watever....wat did u guys write?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
laurenj said:
well i put that even though the symptoms have gone...does not necessarily mean the pathogen is dead..... it may not be completely killed or destroyed or watever....wat did u guys write?
i wrote basically what you did..i wasn't really sure..but i figured that was probably it..

maxximus

Starting a course of antibiotics will kill the weaker bacteria and may relieve symptomoms, but this leaves the more resistant bacteria still alive in your system. Finnishing the course of antibiotics is important to kill all bacteria, as if you stop mid-course the more resistant bacteria survive and multiply, causing a worse problem.

S

Shuter

Yeah that's what I did, and I also added that the ones left may evolve and be resistant to the anti-biotics if they weren't killed.

bobbie212

i put the same thing ther is chance of relapse in infection. another thing was that since the relapse will occur with the germs that were more resistant to the antibiotics ther is chance of encouraging the growth of antibiotic resistant bacteria

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
maxximus said:
Starting a course of antibiotics will kill the weaker bacteria and may relieve symptomoms, but this leaves the more resistant bacteria still alive in your system. Finnishing the course of antibiotics is important to kill all bacteria, as if you stop mid-course the more resistant bacteria survive and multiply, causing a worse problem.
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
this qu threw me off a bit, i went alogn the lines of antigens still not all dead, but i probably wont get full marks :p

went on about the immune repons ebeing supressed blah blah :p wrong!

HSC
i wrote how it doens't kill all the antigens which give the antigens a chance to develop resistence, breed those resistant antigens and therefefore the infeciton becomes harder to treat...'superbugs' i actually heard this on current affair once haha

SweetSeasons

HSC
I said you have to take the whole course because atibiotics don't stimulate anti-body prduction or t and b cell production. Hence the need to take the full dosage of chemicals to kill all the pathogens. Other wise symptoms may re-apear.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i went on about how all resistant bacteria won't be dead, chance of relapse, adds to problem of resistant bacteria etc. just generally crapped on in that thread. figured since it was only 2mks with tiny space to write in that they didnt want too much stuff in there.

MattMMM

I think I wrote the same sort of thing, but I don't remember learning this at all, it was a bit of common sense though.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
maxximus said:
wow thats pretty much what i got

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Yeah the symptoms may be gone, but the bacteria may still remain, maxximus pretty much hit it on the head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)