Question about third year units for B Ed (Sec: Hum + Soc Sci)/B A (1 Viewer)

Hannelore

HSC
Hello :)

I was having a look at the handbook for the course I am doing and I am quite confused about what units to choose for 3rd year:

http://sydney.edu.au/handbooks/educ...ucation/humanities_social_science_table.shtml

So here is what is in the handbook:

In the third year, candidates must complete 48 credit points of units of study, comprising:
- 36 credit points of Curriculum and Professional Studies units of study including 24 credit points of teaching area units; and
- 12 credit points of Senior (level 2000 or 3000) units of study in the first teaching area (the Major sequence), chosen from Arts and Social Sciences Table A.
Please note, candidates must complete EDUF3031 in semester 2.

But in the table below I only see 12 credit points worth of Curriculum and Professional Studies Units: EDSE3072, EDSE3073, and EDUF3031. I also don't see any other links to other core education units?

Am I looking at the wrong page for 3rd year info? Clarification would be much appreciated :)

Thank you :)

kimjuliana

HSC
Not sure if you still need help but; you basically do 12 Curriculum and Professional Studies Units (EDSE3072, EDSE3073, and EDUF3031), 24 Teaching Area Units (they are in the table below the Curriculum and Professional Studies Units table on the pace you linked) and 12 Senior units relating to your major. Hope this helps!

Hannelore

HSC
Not sure if you still need help but; you basically do 12 Curriculum and Professional Studies Units (EDSE3072, EDSE3073, and EDUF3031), 24 Teaching Area Units (they are in the table below the Curriculum and Professional Studies Units table on the pace you linked) and 12 Senior units relating to your major. Hope this helps!
Thank you very much for the help :)

So, just to make sure, since my major teaching area is English and my second is history, I would be doing Teaching English 1 + 2, and teaching history 1 + 2?

The only other thing I am unsure about it when to do them; not sure if it would sort of make itself clear when re-enroling on SydneyStudent, but, for example, teaching English 1 says it is done in semester 1b? What is 1B? I have never seen anything other then sem 1, 2 or summer school in the tables?

Thank you :)

kimjuliana

HSC
Yes you would be doing EDSE3044 Teaching English 1, EDSE3062 Teaching English 2, EDSE3040 Teaching History 1 and EDSE3058 Teaching History 2.
Semester 1b is just semester 1
Basically heres your course structure:
Sem 1:
EDSE3044
EDSE3040
12units from your major
Sem 2:
EDSE3062
EDSE3058
EDSE3072
EDSE3073
EDUF3031
Try not to worry too much, it's almost Christmas! Good luck with enrolment! :D

ali321

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Hannelore/anyone else in 3rd year, just wondering if you were able to enrol in EDSE3073 (which is the prac) on Sydney Student, as I haven't been able to as it says "The selected unit does not meet the below course rule(s). You will need to select an alternative unit before continuing.
Prerequisites: 120 credit points including (EDSE2001, EDSE2002)
"??

Hannelore

HSC
Yes you would be doing EDSE3044 Teaching English 1, EDSE3062 Teaching English 2, EDSE3040 Teaching History 1 and EDSE3058 Teaching History 2.
Semester 1b is just semester 1
Basically heres your course structure:
Sem 1:
EDSE3044
EDSE3040
12units from your major
Sem 2:
EDSE3062
EDSE3058
EDSE3072
EDSE3073
EDUF3031
Try not to worry too much, it's almost Christmas! Good luck with enrolment! :D
Ah, I see! Strange, I wonder why they call it 1b then.

Thank you very much :) Haha, now that sem is over I had to find something else to fret about, didn't I? :)

Thank you very much for your help :)

Hannelore

HSC
Hi Hannelore/anyone else in 3rd year, just wondering if you were able to enrol in EDSE3073 (which is the prac) on Sydney Student, as I haven't been able to as it says "The selected unit does not meet the below course rule(s). You will need to select an alternative unit before continuing.
"??
I haven't tried to enrol yet; I was going to do so either tonight or tomorrow. That sounds very strange that it wouldn't let you enrol in that though.

I will let you know if I have any problems with it. Hope all goes well :)

Hannelore

HSC
Oh yes, I just thought I would mention that I found on the usyd website a page which seems a bit easier to understand about what units to do when for yr3:

http://sydney.edu.au/education_social_work/enrol/undergraduate/bed_hss_ba/year3.shtml

You see, I was going to ask about whether it matter when I do my major teaching area units (i.e. English for me), in either sem 1, 2, or across both, and I find this page explains it in a way that I understand better :) Not sure if the enrol website would know when I have do what so I figured I better have it all understood just in case.

Hannelore

HSC
"??
@ali321 I am officially having this problem. Really confused now.

kimjuliana

HSC
If that message shows up, it means that you did not do and pass 120 credit point including edse2001 and edse2002. If you did not do that then you must choose other units this semester. If you did, then I'd suggest calling up the coordinator. (Bit too late now but you still have time before enrolments close).

Hannelore

HSC
If that message shows up, it means that you did not do and pass 120 credit point including edse2001 and edse2002. If you did not do that then you must choose other units this semester. If you did, then I'd suggest calling up the coordinator. (Bit too late now but you still have time before enrolments close).
I have completed and passed all of the core units so I don't know why it won't let me add it :( Never had such a stressful re-enrolment before.

Given that ali said that they also had the same problem, I wonder if there is some sort of glitch in the system? My transcript proves that I did the pre-reqs.

*sigh* I am so glad that there will still be time to re-enrol after uni opens up again (5th Jan I think?) but I really wanted to have all of this sorted before Christmas so I could finally relax XD Oh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)