Question about syllabus dot points... (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Here is the dot-point you are looking for-

syllabus said:
• post-war soldier and civilian expectations of the government as a result of war
experiences (Britain 1918–1919)
It's right between "• the impact of war on women’s lives and experiences (Britain)" and "• the roles and different goals of Clemenceau, Lloyd George and Wilson at the Paris Peace Conference".

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
Right. Well, that's not in the Word document I used for the syllabus. I used Word because the PDF seems to be corrupted and missing chunks of stuff. Is that where you got that from?

EDIT: Just checked the PDF, and the whole chunk of HSC Course Content is unreadable up to the Personality Study.

Last edited:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
hmmm, that's interesting. I made my own word-doc last year with all the mod hist relevant dot-points. I think I made it from the pdf... keep in mind though that the syllabus has had some minor changes. Nevertheless, I know you do the same topics as I did, so here are the dotpoints for your topics-

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
mearsy454 said:
hey random question but how do u post a new thread?
um, well at the top of every forum is this little thing that says "post thread"... it's inbetween "user cp" and "Threads in Forum".... You can't miss it really.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
fleepbasding said:
Here is the dot-point you are looking for-

It's right between "• the impact of war on women’s lives and experiences (Britain)" and "• the roles and different goals of Clemenceau, Lloyd George and Wilson at the Paris Peace Conference".

Your quote refers to the 2005 syllabus.

What I have posted below is directly from the 2006 syllabus (it is different this year to last).

I can find no reference to the dot point you are describing and didn't teach it this time through as it has been removed from the syllabus.

"In investigating for the source-based study, students shall develop knowledge and skills to respond to different types of sources and relevant historiographical issues related to World War I.

Students learn about:

1 War on the Western Front
– the reasons for the stalemate on the Western Front
– the nature of trench warfare and life in the trenches dealing with experiences of Allied and German soldiers
– overview of strategies and tactics to break the stalemate including key battles: Verdun, the Somme, Passchendaele
– changing attitudes of Allied and German soldiers to the war over time

2 The home fronts in Britain and Germany
– total war and its social and economic impact on civilians in Britain and Germany
– recruitment, conscription, censorship and propaganda in Britain and Germany
– the variety of attitudes to the war and how they changed over time in Britain and Germany
– the impact of the war on women’s lives and experiences in Britain

3 Turning points
– impacts of the entry of the USA and of the Russian withdrawal
– Ludendorff’s Spring Offensive and the Allied response

4 Allied Victory
– events leading to the Armistice, 1918
– reasons for the Allied victory and German collapse
– the roles and differing goals of Clemenceau, Lloyd George and Wilson in creating the Treaty of Versailles"

(Board of Studies - Modern History syllabus published 2004 for implementation in Preliminary 2005 and HSC 2006 p.30

biggie walls

HSC
Your probably seeing summaries of it everywhere because your using books that refer to last years syllabus...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
cem said:
Your quote refers to the 2005 syllabus.

What I have posted below is directly from the 2006 syllabus (it is different this year to last).

I can find no reference to the dot point you are describing and didn't teach it this time through as it has been removed from the syllabus.
yes, I did say in a follow up post-
fleepbasding said:
I made my own word-doc last year with all the mod hist relevant dot-points. I think I made it from the pdf... keep in mind though that the syllabus has had some minor changes.
I didn't realise that this dot-point had been removed, but thanks for clarifying that for this student (and me!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)