Question about my art diary? (1 Viewer)

pigeontrash

HSC
Hello all! I've just started the year twelve course and one of my electives is visual arts. I was wondering are you allowed to put drawings and write on both sides of the paper? You see I've had two different art teachers tell me different things so I was just curious.

Thank you for answering my first post. Heheh I'm new here.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes.

According to the Visual Arts Stage 6 Syllabus, Board of Studies NSW, 'Students are required to keep a VAPD during the Preliminary and HSC Visual Arts courses. It is expected that there should be some connection between what is in the diary and what is produced as an artwork. Students can use their diaries to formulate ideas and their intentions for what they will do in artmaking and it may indicate a student’s research within the creative process. It can suggest technical interests and risk-taking, beliefs and interpretations and allow for reflection, evaluation and assessment'
www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/insideartexpress/2012/diaries/

Visual Arts Process Diary
Visual Arts Process Diaries are not marked as part of the body of work submission
and must not be submitted with the body of work. They will only be looked at if the
body of work cannot be assessed without further support material. The diaries must be
retained at school until the HSC marking of submitted works is complete. This
requirement is necessary if the body of work needs further verification and further
evidence of a student’s work is required, and in cases of appeals. (See Visual Arts
Syllabus Stage 6 pages 29–30.)
Diaries should suggest and provide evidence of a student’s practice of artmaking. As
marking takes place during the written examination period, teachers should advise
students to photocopy those parts of the diary they may need to use in studying for
their written examination.
For itinerant marking, schools should ensure that students’ diaries are readily
available within the school, but not presented with the works. They may be required
by examiners to authenticate the student’s submissions. Students should ensure that
their diaries are clearly identified by their Student Number.
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/visual-arts-assessment-reporting.pdf

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You are allowed to write on both sides of the paper/pages.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, you are allowed to write on both sides of the pages but just make sure you don't write too much, i.e. because it is a visual art diary after all, images should dominate rather than paragraphs after paragraphs of information like an essay... something that I learnt the hard way. And welcome to BOS:)

pigeontrash

HSC
Thank you all so much! I'll be sure to cut down on the amount of text I use. We're only a term in and I've almost filled up one book, that's why I was worried that I'd only be able to use one side. Thank you!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)