qld hsc (1 Viewer)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
does anyone know anything about the queensland hsc...?

i got an email from a friend with her mark, and i dont know how to interpret it, and cannot contact her coz she is away. if anyone could help me out with how it works that would be great!

thanks in advance

SkAnDi

HSC
They use OPs, and it's really weird.

And doesn't seem that fair as an OP 1, covers quite a few UAI rankings.

Hrm, what happens is that all the schools do their own assessments, and then they all do an exam.. and the marks are standardised to their marks in the exams.

Or something like that, from the little research i did when considering goign to a QLD uni.

asl2

i am also after the qld system as i want 2 go 2 Uni of QLD after my hsc... but I believe you can find information about the ranking system between the Qtac and the UAI on page 88 UAC 2003

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
thanks for the help guys. i thought it was from 1-15 but by the uac guide its 1-25...

confusing...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
the QLD system sux
apparently, they distribute these OP's as a certain number to every school....just say there was a James Ruse in QLD, they'd get, say, 100 OP1's...and theres another skool like Mt. Druitt High, they'd get 1 OP1
so I think in that respect its unfair, where u have a better chance of a better OP if u go to a respectable school over there

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yeh i think it sux...

according to the uac guide, a uai of 99.00, a uai of 99.5 and a uai of 99.95 all equate to an OP of 1. i dont think it is fair that they are all lumped in together when some have done better than others.

afnya

alot of my friends went to school in queensland because i live so close and they all think the system is better/easier. they dont have huge exams at the end worth 50% of their mark. their final mark is made up of somthing like 90% assesment / 10% exams. but yeh there would be alot less pressure on you because of the non importance of finals

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yeah it would be less stressful, but thinking about it, a lot of stuf at uni is based mostly on exams - for some degrees anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)